Hi, just drove my car and had to stop quite quickly, im guessing its the clutch but im not sure! The car sets off fine and i can find all gears, but when im in second gear and i cruise along at say 15mph, the car feels like its being stopped by something and i think theres a clicking noise coming back up through my clutch pedal, i dont dare take it for a real test drive in case it completely goes, Im sure the thrust bearing was making a whering noise a while back, but the fact it stopped made me forget about it? Could the thrust bearing be nackered? ill obviously change the full kit if its looking like the clutch area?

Any advice would be great, Thanks Alot Dan

Sounds more like a gearbox failure to me if it only does it 2nd. If the clutch is going you will find the car is down on power in every gear and slipping would cause it to rev a lot more. If its the thrust bearing start the car leave it in neutral and press your clutch you should feel judder through the pedal without having to engage a gear.

No, you can remove a rubber cap at the top and the cover at the bottom but you won't be able to see anything, iv had two go on me one started to slip then the other I blew up on a stupid gear change, it sounds like a gearbox fault in one gear though.

What I said about the hole the bung covers up, actually quite important if you take the gearbox off, when putting the box back on you should pull the release arm forward then screw a bolt into the threaded hole so the arm is held forward, otherwise you might not get it on right and it wot operate.

Car has been running fine, only issue is, first gear sometimes slips out when setting off? There is also a noise which im guessing is the release bearing? if im static and in neutral if i press the clutch in the noise stops? Thanks guys