Shrick VGI controller wiring question?

Firstly, please don't say talk to Vince at Stealth as he can sort it......I live 250 miles from them and as good as they are....I have called him twice and email and got no response so I just want to do most things myself icon_smile.gif

I've managed to source the VW vacuum reservoir (from a TDI) and also the vacuum control solenoid. Looking on the web I've found that most people who have had to replace an RPM controller have gone for this onehttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350805813031?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageNa me=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Which is actually the Summit racing one.

So here's the question..... The RPM controller has 1 white wire coming out of it to go to the solenoid, the solenoid has 2 pins and so I have no idea how this works. Does the other pin just go to ground? or positive?

Help would be much appreciated.

Control box red wire
This is for 12V+ power. It taps into the thick wire in the ECU loom that that goes to ECU Pin 23. This wire is red/blue on OBD1 cars and Black/yellow on OBD2 cars.

Control box black wire
This is the ground wire. It taps into the thick brown wire in the ECU loom that goes to ECU pin 1 (all models)

Control box blue wire
This is the wire for the RPM signal. It taps into the green/black wire which goes to ECU pin 22 (all models). This connection to the ECU’s RPM signal wire allows the switch box to read your engine speed and activate the manifold flap at the correct RPM. The default switch point is 4000 rpm, suitable for all naturally-aspirated VR6s. For VR6s running superchargers, this is often changed to a lower value, but this should only be done by experienced tuning personnel during a rolling road re-mapping session. 

Thanks guys, sorted it. Basically the solenoid isn't polarised, just needs one pin going to ground and the other to positive switched (White) on the controller. When the controller detects 4000rpm, it switches the White wire to + which switches the solenoid.......I hope :)