Fitted K&N Induction Smelling Petrol In Engine Bay

Had my cat and sensor changed by powerflow and the smelling had gone as i think the old cat was stopping fuel etc..

But i changed the air filter system to a K&N induction system and noticed the smell of fuel in the engine bay next to where like the massive pipe comes out the engine ..

Is this normal ? %-6 Also there is a leak of air of some sort, at the top of the engine theres like a lil square rubber block which has a small pipe leading to the large air intake pipe (if that makes any sense B) ) Basically thats hissingg out air, could that be the problem of slight under performance and the fuel?

i can't see no leak of fuel unless i am blind x)

Is the system sending to much fuel into the engine ? Help need to sort it out eating my brians thinking i am hurtin the vr llol

thanks Guys

you need to get someone a bit more aware of what they are doin there spud ,the air leak will mess up the running and fuel fumes need sorting fairly quickly , you wont be able to sort the car out till this is done.

try to refit the pipe causing the air leak just undo the clip and refit

is it the pipe that runs underneath the filter itself and does it have a kind of t peice if yes theyr quite common i think

mine had a massive hole in it but mustve been sealed against the body somehow it only showed itself when i fitted the schrick i fixed with a frosties box and insulation tape i shit u not!!

an air leak would have a drastic effect on the engine if it's after the MAF as the MAF thinks a certain amount of air is entering the engine, when really it isnt. you will find that K'N's will suck alot more warm into the engine also (reduced performance) if it doesnt have a heat sheild, most people have gone for a BMC CDA for their VR's (you've just missed out on a group buy!)

Are you reffering to this rubber bit?

normal_DSCN5441Resized.jpg

mine had a massive hole in it but mustve been sealed against the body somehow it only showed itself when i fitted the schrick i fixed with a frosties box and insulation tape i shit u not!!

There's nothing like fixing something properly, and that's nothing li............

an air leak would have a drastic effect on the engine if it's after the MAF as the MAF thinks a certain amount of air is entering the engine' date=' when really it isnt. you will find that K'N's will suck alot more warm into the engine also (reduced performance) if it doesnt have a heat sheild, most people have gone for a BMC CDA for their VR's (you've just missed out on a group buy!)

Are you reffering to this rubber bit?

[img']http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/coppermine_menu/albums/userpics/10002/normal_DSCN5441Resized.jpg

Yeh i know i was going to buy the BMC but was told not realy all that on sound, but might upgrade if anyone can tel lme the benifits.

Oh yeh i will take a picture of the part i am talking about and have it up here soon. Thanks for all the advice and help.. i am going to VW to find out wht the part number is and give it to German and swedish and ask them to get it for me.

Keep u guys posted.

Oh before i forgot spoke to a friend he said when u get a air filter induction etc etc put in, you should get the car re tuned? is that correct or a good idea ?

The BMC sound awesome when you plant it, but in all honestly, it's quite rare i do that anyway. it looks fantastic though in the engine bay!peformance wise, my car came in at 201BHP with just a BMC and powerflow exhaust (but it's quite a strong lump anyway) you should purchase your self an ETKA parts cd..... (merchandise section) I wouldnt trust the main steeler with anything in all honesty.

There's nothing like fixing something properly' date=' and that's nothing li............

[/quote']

hehe check petes post about main stealers being useless if it goes again il replace it but id rather pull teeth out with pliers theyd probably sell me a tyre instead of the hose

ps it ran like a bag of crap when the hose showed itself idled very badly and stuuttered/cut out constantly

The BMC sound awesome when you plant it' date=' but in all honestly, it's quite rare i do that anyway. [/quote']

ive never heard a vr with 1 of those filters on but the pipercross viper would also be a good choice, and the noise is awsome :P only down side is they are about

Found out what the problem is (i think) but that part which is releasing air is called a Damper (valve damper) and spoke to VW and car performance will be decreased largly if its leakin out air.

Also took it to the rolling roads (or wht eve u call them) and the car is running like a bluddy GTI!!! instead a vr..

And when they connected the computer etc up, the Hall Sensor and Engine Speed sensor where not working so i need to get them replaced, due to those two sensors they couldn't do nothing and spend

alright rick,no need to rub my nose in it,i'm new to this game , how much do you know about fine art? i'm sure you would look stupid if i were to talk to you on the complexity of post modernism !! or now it would be post post modernism !!

alright rick' date='no need to rub my nose in it,i'm new to this game , how much do you know about fine art? i'm sure you would look stupid if i were to talk to you on the complexity of post modernism !! or now it would be post post modernism !!

[/quote']

its all about 35000 feet over my head m8 which is just where i like it :P:P

alright rick' date='no need to rub my nose in it,i'm new to this game , how much do you know about fine art? i'm sure you would look stupid if i were to talk to you on the complexity of post modernism !! or now it would be post post modernism !!

[/quote']

i may not know art but i know what i like

MY HIGHLINE AT WOT !amazed !amazed !amazed !amazed 8o)