Am I being scammed?

Alright lads, iv purchased my turbo last month on the 29th from the US, I was told it was in stock but once I had paid I was then told it was not in stock and he will need to order one. Fair enough I'll wait the 3 days for it to be ordered. But after being fobbed off with different waiting times I opened a case with ebay the day after I had a tracking number :/ hmmm it didn't add up. I revived it last night so ebay closed the claim I opened it up and for a start it's the wrong turbo it was a ar.62 not ar.84, after closer inspection iv noticed there is a cut out for what looks to me like a plate with serial numbers should be but it's missing??

Could this be a fake? Stolen? I do think I'm being scammed and he's just posted something he had so the case is closed. Iv appealed the case being closed and iv lost :/ WTF???

What can I do now?? Iv got something I cannot used and dose not add up to me.. Can I open another case or contact paypal / my bank?? I assumed I would be covered by ebay but I'm beginning to feel that he's done this before waiting for a case to be opened post something and then the case is closed in his favour....

Thanks lads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's horsepowergeek iv had a look at his feed back and seams a couple of people have had problems but nothing that would make you not buy from him/them... It could be a genuine mistake but I'm now out if pocket import fees from the us so got to see if I can get that back now probably not though

after closer inspection its getting even more suspicious the ebay sellers name is horsepower geek BUT payment went to TD Autowerkes  after searching both TD Autowerkes has its own ebay store I'm starting to think they are trying to sail off TD Autowerkes  name :/ using a email address of tdautowerkes@yahoo.com but the TD autiwerks email address is sales@tdautowerkes.com

Edited by Radodb

dose anyone have a precision turbo?? I'm trying to find the serial numbers 

i carnt find any on it apart from a recess that looks like a plate should be on it 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/109400965@N04/10997801754/

and then this.. but NO serial numbers

http://www.flickr.com/photos/109400965@N04/10997860633/

Edited by Radodb
  • 2 weeks later...

Well after a case with ebay iv finally got a return for the correct item BUT iv now been sent a T4 divided I could bang my head on the wall..!!! I'm guessing I'll now need to make a custom manifold with 2 blowoff valves!? Or is there a way to modify a none divided manifold