whats the price to pay for a vr6 turbo OBD2 setup without gearbox or clutch?

as title, going to look at a vr6 turbo setup with a t3/t4 turbo, engine was built by vulcan engineering?

so its just engine, obd2 loom, ecu and intercooler, i will need to get a gearbox and new clutch!!

had a few saying aound 2k on ed38 forums, just want your views!

Edited by paceo

Depending on what hardware theyve used, i would pay between 1.5 -2k ish, leaving another grand for your clutch and other bits that you will inevitably need

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

will a turbo'ed vr6 be reliable or full of problems? i have met the guy a few times which is a bonus  :D

Vr6 turbo engine:
2.8 obd2
ARP headbolts
ARP rod bolts
ARP turbo manifold
Steel head spacer 9:1 low comp
Coated rod bearings
Timing chain kit all done
I have receipts for work carried out on engine above from Vulcan Engineering at cost of £3175.64
440cc Green injectors
T3/T4 turbo
4" maf
2.5" intercooler pipe work (have many pipes extra)
New 10mm HT leads
Inlet manifold painted black
Has had new coolant pipe going into engine and thermostat housing
New coolant sensor
Recent oil change (10w 60 recomended by stealth racing)
Front mount intercooler
Black pipe work with blue silicone connectors
New bosch o2 sensor
Chipped ECU
Car ran 300.6 bhp and 300.0 torque at 7 psi (have power graph)
Edited by paceo

Any other info on the turbo? Is it for a mk3 golf??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

i have no idea buddy! presume its a garret! i will be looking tomorrow! £ is an issue but have someone hopefully who can lend me some. yes mk3 golf!

is a turbo vr6 setup reliable and what MPG would i see?? not that i care! it was rr'd at stealth racing (300bhp) not so long ago by vince!

Edited by paceo

If you spend £3000 on rebuilding the engine and don't drive it over 2000rpm I would imagine the chance of it being unreliable is greatly reduced compared to if you just bung a turbo on a standard motor and blat it every where. Reliability has too many determining factors. Buiit properly they are no more unreliable than a standard VR gearboxes seam to be a week leak.

If you spend £3000 on rebuilding the engine and don't drive it over 2000rpm I would imagine the chance of it being unreliable is greatly reduced compared to if you just bung a turbo on a standard motor and blat it every where. Reliability has too many determining factors. Buiit properly they are no more unreliable than a standard VR gearboxes seam to be a week leak.

this has been built by vulcan engineering, dont suppose you could look at my post in the tuning section, im crap with wiring! my worst nightmare!