Over the past few weeks I've been tring to track down the source of this problem changing the following:

Plugs

Leads

Coil Pack

Hall Sender

and Cleaned the following

Thottle Body

Crank sender

Air flow meter

Checked the wiring from Multi plug

Red X'D Injectors

but to my dispear still havn't found it!!!

The misfire isn't that bad when you leave it on idle, but after the engine has bee reved the miss is more noticable.

Since last tuesday when i tried to merge it with a audi,

the vr's been of the road.

Has anyone got any other idea's? Could it be the starting of H Gasket problems? and if so can anyone advise me of the parts needed as the task of removing the engine will be easy as ive removed all the font panels already.

Have been looking through the site but cannot pick up the links.

All help will be gladly recieved

Thanks

Winks

crikey...running out of things.

try changing the fuel filter perhaps (only a few quid)? clutching at straws a bit though.

if not, i reckon take it to stealth and get vince to rolling road it (as it'll be easier for him to work out whats up then).

just a thought-take 109[voltage stabiliser]and167 [fuel pump]relay out and take the black covers off.examine with a magnifying glass around the soldered joints.any hairline cracks promotes a poor signal.think they are about a tenner from VW.hope this helps.

just a thought-take 109[voltage stabiliser]and167 [fuel pump]relay out and take the black covers off.examine with a magnifying glass around the soldered joints.any hairline cracks promotes a poor signal.think they are about a tenner from VW.hope this helps.

car would cut out rather than misfire though

Hi everyone

Fogot to mention

have already changed f/filter & checked relays

picked that up from past threads

at the moment waiting for it to go to the painters,

but will give r/road a try once back togeather.

Still any more ideas will be gladly recieved

Thanks again

Winks

That's just excess fuel burning off in the hot exhaust on the over-run. I've yet to hear a VR that doesn't do that....even rebuilt ones do it. It's just poor managment from the Motronic 2.9 ECU...over-run and idle control is cr@p on this ECU.