The VR has started with an intermittent weirdness with the ABS. Braking works fine under 99% of braking conditions, but now and then grinds to a halt with a graunchy noise when braking softly, especially under right hand full lock - say turning into a carpark or summat.

I can't see owt obviously loose or worn.

any ideas?

• 4 months later...

At first I thought it was a brake problem, like I said  - right hand lock over slight bump - thought maybe an airbubble in the flexy. but now I'm thinking it could be the abs or traction control, sometimes it does it without using the brakes, and sometimes if you gun it when roads are wet its like the traction control slips slightly.

The ABS light comes on at start up and goes out as normal.

At first I thought it was a brake problem, like I said - right hand lock over slight bump - thought maybe an airbubble in the flexy. but now I'm thinking it could be the abs or traction control, sometimes it does it without using the brakes, and sometimes if you gun it when roads are wet its like the traction control slips slightly.

The ABS light comes on at start up and goes out as normal.

Ahhh. Could be an intermittent faulty wheel speed sensor.

I had an issue on my old mk3 where going around right hand corners would cause the ABS to kick in.

Maybe vag-com may shed some light which one is playing up ?

Club Chairman

Would be up for it but I'm not going to be in my area long, won't know anyone in my new area and my as well have dropped my trouser when I took my motor for its mot yesterday so may not be on the road for a while lol, when I'm up and running I'd be up for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Surreyvr6