Hello fellow dubbers, i have a misfire on my vr6 golf 96 obd2. Have been told it is the coilpack but i have not so long ago replaced it and dont want to spend the 120-180 ona new coilpack only for it to not fix the misfire..i have had it out and it looks brand new with no cracks.. Is ther anyone in the southeast- (bucks) that would let me use their coilpack to swap over to see if it is the problem? Would be hugely appreciated if there is!!

Thanks in advance

Greg

sorry for long reply guys ive been busy.. after getting 3 faulty coilpacks of gsf i eventually decided to get a beru one for double the cost and fitted that and still hasnt fixed my problem.. i still have a constant misfire from start up. ( dont buy the cheaper coilsfrom gsf, the pins break very easily when leads are pulled off!)

i had a diagnostic done before replacing the coil pack and the folowing codes came up:

00510 - throttle position sensor

00525 - heated oxygen sensor - g39

00553- Air mass flow sensor

17978/01570 - control module locked.

my mechanic has said that as i have a decat exhaust then this could be why 00525 show up? is this true?

air mass meter was unplugged to see if it would run any worse, so i gather that is why it showed up,

i havent taken it back for a plug in yet but will do when my mechanic is back from hols..nxt couple days.

all new platinum ngk plugs, leads are performance leads and are couple years old resistance is increase at same rate as length of cable increases so im guessing the ht leads are good?

any comment would be greatly appricated as im coming to my wits end with this now nd jst want to drive her! :/

The mass meter should be fine - Have you tried clearing codes? It could be an old error code..

Try first to erease all error codes, then do a little bit of driving.

EDIT:

I am pretty convinced that sensor issues are making the ECU give a wrong mixture in the combustion chambers..

Although, swapping plugs and cables would not hurt.. ;-)

EDIT 2: Ah, I see you cleared the codes - Did you re-check after a short drive?

EDIT 3: For the MAF-issues, check this : http://easyautodiagnostics.com/testing_maf_sensor/maf_sensor_testing_1.php