[moved] VR6 highline Insurance

Guest couzens

Guest couzens

Hi all,

Got my Highline insured today for the best possible price I could find as I am 24. They put me on a policy that allows to mods to be carried out without affecting the policy providing I let them know.

However, as my car is totally standard, I was told I had to have at least one modification for my insurance to acceptable which to me sounded a little strange. They are sending me a form to let them know what I have done.

My question to you guys then is what would you recommend as the best mod to do straight away to satifsy the insurance. My criteria is I only want a sensible mod that will make a difference and is cheap. So anything like a SS exhaust is not practical. Would a crone airfilter from K&N to replace the standard airbox be the thing to do?

If you dont want to spend big on wheels, suspension etc. then i'd probably go for an induction kit too. They make a nice noise and supposedly increase bhp, so long as you give a good supply of cold air. what will they counts as a mod though? i got a pair of clear indicators for 10 quid.

Only thing with a k&n in my opinion is that it could hinder your performance due to the hot air they draw in from the engine, i know they come with a duct to direct cold air into the filter but if they worked so well why do people now buy the canaster type filter now.......the sound is however great and i do agree they are cheeper than springs and shocks :)

Ive only had mine for 3 months but the difference really is noticeable. Its definately smoother and more responsive in the lower rev range and the noise is just fantastic if you like that. What the long term effects will be I have had no experience of but surley if it is looked after and cleaned regularly it should stay as a great mod in my opinion :-)

• 7 years later...