Anyone TERRACLEAN'd? opinions,reviews and locations

I've heard of a few people having this done from other forums to their VR's.

Most have reported good results, said it felt smoother and engine felt a little more "eager", of course, this could be a placebo effect, but i'd really like some figures to back up this treatment...

Before / after rolling road and Co2 output to prove what it is doing is beneficial...

it was also covered on wheeler dealer...

sKTp2DjugOA

Be interesting how you get on though, so let us know.

Pete

What i never understand with these types of systems is where does all that crap on your valves and piston crowns go?

Surely it get balsted through the engine possibly damaging piston rings etc.

Personally i just use v power on all my cars and maybe once in a while run a bottle of fuel cleaner.

To avoid carbon in the first place just make sure you use the rev range and give it a good balst every now and agin.

Hi All, had the clean on saturday and it went ok.....

i couldnt rolling road it but did get them to do an emissions test before and after, here are the results

Before

CO 0.18% fails @ 0.20%

HC 12ppm fail @200

Lambda 0.97-1.03

After

CO 0.08% down over half

HC 6 ppm down half

Lambda 1.0 steady

Nothing on MPG but have only done 50 Miles.

got some pics if anyone wants to see.

cheers

steve

• 3 months later...

Hi all, it's been 3 months and a OC rolling road day since I had this done and thought I would pop in a quick update -

1, Power - AFAIK nothing/minimal, up 2 bhp at RR day but this could be anything, better fuel, conditions etc. seems to pick up quicker but that could be the placebo of a lighter wallet ;-)

2, Emissions - as per earlier post awesome, halved at least. If yours are bad, 120 quid it's well worth it

3, MPG - difficult to answer, soon after I put a 3.68 FD in, cruising @80 and 4000 rpm, I was getting 28 (reset mfa and constant ish for 10 mins) Holy sh1t I thought, so put in a diesel 5th (.756) this brought 5th to near standard (80@3200k) I am now getting 32-34 at same speeds with standard ratio 5th. Driving Miss Daisy style (50-55) mfa shows 38-40.

So to reduce emissions 100% - Winner (in my case), definitely try it for an emissions MOT fail

Increase mpg? In my case, I believe yes 2-4 mpg on a journey works out to 10% roughly (I think!) so a free gallon per tank.

Round town - no idea as I drive like a tosser ;-)

My ipad still can't upload pics of procedure. Sorry.

And for info I don't know Ed China.

Cheers

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Been looking into this again last night, very tempted to have this done now. I always use premium fuel which is *supposed* to clean the engine internally, so would be interested to see how emmissions are affected.

I'm not expecting power gains, but would interesting to see how much difference it makes. Dropped terraclean an email last night, waiting to see who the local franchise is.