V6 Festival @ Brooklands Museum 26th October 2013

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, I'm Michelle from the R32oc... I'll be attending Saturday so thought I would say hi and see you there hopefully !    This is mine...  

Had a brilliant day yesterday, was great too meet everyone and chat and stuff our faces with some particulaly yummy cakes and the kids loved it too, plenty to see and do, and the museum was amazing a

Oh lovely mate see you Saturday! Anyone else wanting to come? Going to be an awesome day

Posted Images

There's about 5/6 of us meeting at Winchester services on the M3 for an 8am trip to Cobham services, arriving there about 9 am-ish - you want to tag along?

Si

Think I know it - can you check this postcode SO23 7SL .

I can be there for 8. 

Jez

Brooklands have mailed today, we are only permitted 60 cars on the banked section of track in 2 groups of 30 due to new health and safety regulations :(

Slightly annoying that we've only been told days before the event, we could have more, but would cost us 500 quid....

Please let me know if you you would like to be on the banked track group photos by replying.

Naturally this is all weather permitting, so keep us updated with the forecast.

Cheers guys :)

Pete

Club Chairman

There's no cost for our show and shine :) just standard entry into venue.we do this sort of thing out of enjoyment , not to make any money for the club :)Club Chairman

hi will definately be attending saturday in the one special corrado. Can you please let me know what time show and shine judging starts please? Got a little way to travel so not looking to get there first thing at 9

Kind regards justin.

hi will definately be attending saturday in the one special corrado. Can you please let me know what time show and shine judging starts please? Got a little way to travel so not looking to get there first thing at 9

Kind regards justin.

Hi mate. Gates open at 10:00

We will be looking judging the cars early afternoon with trophies later, all depends on weather though etc...

Club Chairman

I have now printed off 60 passes, 2x30 batches and will be given out on the day to the first 60 cars that arrive, these will allow you to take part in the banked track group photos.

This will run in 2 batches of 30 cars and will last approx. 30 mins each session.

I will continue to try and negotiate with brooklands in the mean time to see if we can get more cars on, its madness really when its money they are loosing out on!!

But.... check out the trophies ! How awesome do these look?

post-81920-0-28237500-1382543564_thumb.j

post-81920-0-43800900-1382543565_thumb.j

Hi,

I just wanted to send you a quick update regarding the V6 Festival taking place this Saturday @ Brooklands Motorsport Museum!

What time does it start?

The gates open at brooklands at 10:00am.

There are various meeting points / convoys taking place, please check vr6oc.com and r32oc.com for details.

Banked track group photos 

Brooklands advised us a couple days ago that we will only be allowed to take 60 cars onto the banked track or pay an additional £500 (!!), but for this years event we do not have the budget to do this unfortunately, however the issue we have is that that 80+ cars have registered before we we advised of this change from when we first booked the event with the venue, so to gauge interest we would like to know who is interested in taking part in the banked track photo then please fill out the following form http://form.jotformeu.com/form/32956160679364 to indicate if you are wanting to take part in the group photo or not.

We will issue 60 passes on the day should the demand be greater than we have have allocated to us, however I am still trying to negotiate with the venue to allow us more cars on. 

Due to health and safely regulations, the group photo will only take place should the weather allow (keep those fingers crossed) and there will be cost of (£10 payable to Brooklands) per car who wishes to take part in the group photo session, each session will run approximately for 30 minutes. 

*** If anyone has some photography / video skills who can capture the day then please get in touch *** 

What are the show and shine categories? 

The show categories are as follows:

Best wheels
Best interior 
Best engine bay  
Car of the show 
Runner up car of the show

And maybe one more!! :) 

The VR6OC team will be judging the cars in the early afternoon with trophy and prize presentations around 3:00 - 3:30 (times are subject to change depending upon weather conditions). 

What are the prizes?

We have made some awesome VR6/R32 head gasket style trophies for the above categories and in addition, we also have the following prizes sponsored by KleenFreaks for the winners. 

Shampoo
Quick Detailer
KF stickers

What does it cost?

Adult £10.00
Senior Citizen/Student £9.00
Children (5-16) £5.50
Children under 5 FREE
Family ticket £27.00
Group Photo £10/car 

How to get here?

The Museum is between Weybridge and Byfleet, just a few minutes from Junction 10 of the M25 and the A3 London-Portsmouth trunk road. Leave the A3 at the Painshill junction and follow the A245 towards Byfleet - look out for the brown Brooklands Museum™ signs. The main visitor entrance is reached via Brooklands Drive and Mercedes-Benz World. The postcode for satnavs is KT13 0SL.

PLEASE USE THE CAMPBELL ENTRANCE OFF BROOKLANDS ROAD 

Did someone say cake?

In celebration of the clubs 10th Birthday we will be brining large quantities of complementary cake, hand made by us finished with our club logo cake toppers! 

More information:

There are a number of topics on the forums with updates / convoys and teaser photos of our trophies at the following forum links:

We will also have a selection of VR6OC Window Stickers / Tax Disc Holders For Sale from our Club Store. 

Please feel free to check out www.vr6oc.com and introduce yourselves along with your car before the event! 

We are very excited about hosting our first National Meet in over 2 years and thank you for supporting the club and this event, please spread the word on your local forums and social media networks! 

See you all on Saturday! 

Kinds Regards,

Pete Leese
The VR6 Owners Club

7 days to go guys!!! :)

Who's excited!?

Anyone from midlands wanting to convoy?

Club Chairman

Hi Pete, what about meeting Saturday morning at North Stafford Services (Jun 15 - 14) at 6.30am ? 

Managed to get my offshore trip cancelled and couldnt say no to a decent run down from Aberdeen.

Steve

See you tomorrow :D Lots of people traveling far and wide for this and one chap is even coming from jersey! amazing response.

Yes, 6:30 - 6:45 could work mate, I'm meeting MIQ at Talke Pits shell garage around 6:00 - 6:10 and need tank up, but Stafford services is only 30 mins away really, its not too far from where I live :)