Just had a quote of £240 from Impact in Brighouse to get my arches sorted (all 4) so my 17s will clear with no rubbing. They said they won't roll them as such, but cut them back so they clear the wheels. Is this a good price?

Does anyone know anywhere else in the North that does this? I know theres loads of places darn saaf that do it but none up here :(

Pat be careful mate as you need the rears rolled NOT cut as this where the rear quarter panel and floorpan meet together, if they get that wrong and cut the joint, thats the end off your car without serious rewelding! I have my rear arches pulled and rolled and mine clears with 8x17's on and 215/40/17 Toyo's now. I can lower it pretty much as low as it will go! But it did handle like a brick when it was too low! So its about a 50mm drop all round now.

Hi vrPat. I'm just about ready to get mine done and after phoning a lot of places - I've settled on Auto Body Styling near Sheffield. I've had a few things done there and the standard is very high. I didn't get the price yet but he explained that they do the arches be using a specially made clamp that gradually tightens and perfectly shapes the arch how you want it or just folds the lip flat - whatever you want. They WILL need repainting too as the paint cracks (obviously). I had a bumper and bonnet painted and fitted and I have no doubt the job will be top notch. They also had a couple of very expensive cars in when I went (Porsche) and so this reassured me. I wasn't disapointed. Let me know if you want me to find the number as I'm at work right now. Very reasonable too.

Yep, the plastic arches rivet to the arch lip. If you're removing the lip, you'll need to employ bodykit glue to fix them back on the car.

Unless you want to remove them, of course. Getting the full body-colour look of the later cars means also replacing the front and rear bumpers, plus all side mouldings.

For new, primered side mouldings, Euro Car parts quote £200+VAT. And that's BEFORE any respray work. I didn't even ask how much the bumpers were.

bit of an update: I was at Top Gear the other day getting a silly big exhaust fitted when a burberry capped young lad brought in his Fiesta to 'have me arches done mate' lol - anyway I watched the guy roll his arches with one of those special tools that fixes to the hub etc... Looked spot on when he'd finished -

and the best bit

£25 per arch

I asked him to do mine while I was there but he was chocablock so I'll get them done in the near future. Well impressed as its only 5 miles away hehe