Testing - New Forum Posts Page

Hi All,

I've been busy testing new bits on the website, I've never been 100% happy with how new forum posts are displayed, so I've knocked up the following:

Would be good to have some feedback and if you think it should be added as a "New Forum Posts" link:

Here is the URL to the test page! http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/onlineinfo_menu/new.php

Cheeers

Pete :P

Im not sure about the look of that buddy, if you could perhaps make the white bit transparent so it has the forum background it may look better imo. I realise that the current setup has a white square background too, I just think it may look good with the red text on the black tiled backing maybe with the little date/time of post in white text, if you are going to keep that info on there? (l see its not on the test layout and to be fair its not massively important) However the info given and functionality are good from the little play l had :)

Might be best if i explain it in pictures? Here's a screenshot of what happens on GTINI for example, this applies to both new posts since last visit or new posts on last 24hrs

CF6C41D2-53B4-40AB-AAD5-1392E7AEAF83-4364-000002DCD7B60CCB_zpsabd1dbb3.jpg

Notice how it only displays the topics that have been replied to regardless of how may replies each topic has had? ...As opposed to every single post being listed.

Does that make any more sense?

'Whats New' link and 'Recent Activity' link seem to display differently?

That's because they are 2 different function :)

Whats New = What's New since you last logged in

Recent Activity = All recent items, not just new items since you last logged in.