[moved] Has any one put 18" 215 40's on there mk3 without any probs?

17s will go straight on' date=' as long as you get ones with the right offset.[/quote']

This is soooo not true. If you slam the car then the arches still need rolling. Always take your suspension plans into consideration..

Agreed with eViL and sorry if I mislead. Any suspension plans should also be taken into account.

I run 17s on mine with a 40mm drop front, 20mm rear and there's no rubbing.

If you're considering a wild (60mm) lowering kit or coilovers, the arches may need rolling anyway.

[ Edited Thu Mar 18 2004, 09:11AM ]

Six' date=' do you have any trouble with the wheels rubbing the top of the arch on the driver's side rear? (near the petrol tank entrance?)[/quote']

No mate since I had the rears pulled and rolled they are fine! I can pretty much go as low as I like on the rear. Though they did slightly scrub on bothsides before the mods to the arches. I found that it was in fact the Bumper, and locating bracket, and also the bit just up from the sill towards the front of the arch that were causing the rubbing, Not the top of the arch as everyone presumes. %-6

>Six, do you have any trouble with the wheels rubbing the top of the arch on the driver's side rear? (near the petrol tank entrance?)

I had this too after first fitting my wheels & suspension - rubbing on the offside rear wheel only. Had a 4-wheel alignment done at AmD and this sorted it out. Apparently, there's a left-right adjustment on the rear suspension beam.

Evil if you have the plastic arches on yours you can work out where yours are rubbing and gentle with a little heat bend the arches in a bit (you need the heat to stop the paint from peeling/cracking) I used a Wooden mallet on mine to fine tune them ;o)