Airbag/Glovebox swap

normally u would disconnect the battery then its just a case unscrewing every thing. you have to take the bottom glovebox out first then the airbag, on the airbag there will be a yellow clip undo that then thats it put back together

hope this helps

What would be the insurance implications of removing an airbag? If they were standard on your car, which I believe they were on VR6's from 94 on then if the worst happened and you stuffed it the insurance would have a great get out clause.

Even worse if you stuffed it with someone in the passenger seat and they decided to sue! This may sound unlikely but I know someone who had their 'mate' try to sue them after a crash.

Does anyone use gloveboxes anyway?

yep, if you remove an airbag you have to inform your insuramce co....and they will put up the premium.

i did this research before i bought my vr6, as i knew i wanted an aftermarket wheel (i need it spacered out so i can feel comfy in the mkIII)....hence i made sure it was a '93 (i.e. pre-airbag)

yep' date=' if you remove an airbag you have to inform your insuramce co....and they will put up the premium.

i did this research before i bought my vr6, as i knew i wanted an aftermarket wheel (i need it spacered out so i can feel comfy in the mkIII)....hence i made sure it was a '93 (i.e. pre-airbag)

[/quote']

OOOOOPS WRONG

Removed my drivers airbag and had no effect on my premium.

What would be the insurance implications of removing an airbag? If they were standard on your car' date=' which I believe they were on VR6's from 94 on then if the worst happened and you stuffed it the insurance would have a great get out clause.

[/quote']

Only if you didn't tell them.

If you declare it then there's no "get out"

yep' date=' if you remove an airbag you have to inform your insuramce co....and they will put up the premium.

[/quote']

OOOOOPS WRONG

ok...but in general they will bump it up (i asked elephant i think...this was a while back mind)

you're with HIC aren't you?

[/quote']

OOOOOPS WRONG

ok...but in general they will bump it up (i asked elephant i think...this was a while back mind)

you're with HIC aren't you?

Nah they won't touch me cos of my dirty licence.........with brentacre