Has anybody on here removed there ABS system? Did you encounter any problems doing this apart from having to re route the brake pipes?

Also how would I stand with the mot as I'm guessing because it isn't there there is nothing to be tested?

Basically I'm in the process of shaving the engine bay as minimal as possible and the abs is the only grey area I'm struggling on if to keep or not, because of the engine being fitted my initial thoughts were to keep it but now im at the stage of smoothing I'm unsure.

So if anyone has any suggestions or information on this please let me know,

Cheers ;)

Hi buddy,

I am sure l have heard of people doing ABS deletes, however when it comes to MOT l would guess as it is from factory standard safety thing it would probably fail if it wasn’t there.

But l am sure someone with a bit more knowledge on the matter will be along shortly :)

i am cuirrently doing this on mine. you will need a brake bias valve too as the current one is done via the ABS unit.

Also it will fail the MOT, anything like that which is factory fitted must remain on the car unless the car can be proven for use as a track car or rally car. we all have friends who can help with MOT's though ;)