so todays rain , worn rear axle bushes , standard rear suspension no abs, now i need a new vr6

basically im on my way home from work about 1 hour ago using a country lane i use every day, now usually i fly down these lane but with the rain we have had and know this car don't handle as it should because you know why.

i was only doing about 45mph instead of about 70mph as i come out of the bent the arse flips around i steered into it now im facing the bushes i tried powering out of it but the front had no grip so i touched the brake, bang the front grips back dont hit grass and slide straight in to a post i turned off engine got out no damage to any think but my car i decided to start her up and see if she is drivable and she drove home.

im pissed right off

really sorry to hear that mate' date=' i have a wing and a bonnet u can have if u want

[/quote']

that would be great. ill sort you out something you need or what ever. im gonna strip it tomorrow and see the damage underneath.

its a good thing really because ive learnt a lesson , don't drive cars that you know are unroadworthy .

and also now ive gotta do loads of work so i might aswel make it a proper full restoration rebuild and replace everythink. so this time tomorrow my first photo upload ive got a before and after and also will be taking photos of everything.

so you have never driven a car with a few issues? and whats the point of talking about something that didnt happen, as i said ive leant my lesson and wont be driving any car i know isnt 100% .

but remember accidents happen everyday regardless of the vehicles condition in rain like that anyone could have lost it and plough in to you.

i also have my own family and dread to think of things like that happening but i wouldnt drive my family around country lanes in the pissing rain i would have used the mainroads.

I do realise accidents happen on wet country roads on a daily basis, and depending on the issue yes, we can all admit to driving a car with a few issues.

However, in your post you dont say a 'few issues' you say un-roadworthy. Personally the only time I have knowingly driven an un-roadworthy car is on the way to a garage to be made roadworthy.

The point I was trying to make is when your driving, your responsibility is not only to your own safety but the safety of the people whom you may affect around you be it your own family or the people in the cars around you.

read the title mate , worn rear axle bushes (worn not fuked) standard rear suspension ( is known to be a bit shit ) no abs(some cars dont even have abs), i have also arranged to get a rear axle with abs rings and got the polybushes to put in it , but having just bought the car im a bit skint till the end of month and living mile away from work with loads of lanes i ant walking when these faults ant that bad really also ive only had one other knock and that wasnt my fault and would say im a pretty good driver. but any way you are right about responsibility of the safety of others around you and would advise anyonr to not drive in bad conditions with a vehicle without abs i think abs should be compulsory cars without should have to have it fitted like when seat belts came in.

I think you are not upto date on everything that goes on and i dont want it to seem as though you are being pounced on but if a car is not fitted with seat belts they dont have to be fitted if the car came with seatbelts they must be worn. I have a mk1 golf gti and fitting abs to it would probably be more dangerous than using it without.

I ran a vr6 turbo on track with non work8ng abs for a few years. I never had any problems. Back end would lock and try to come round , but u could feel this and react . Intact it was a better car than many fitted with working abs. Your bushes must have been fubared, to make this abppen . I imagine evrytime u went over a drain cover u could feel it.

• 2 weeks later...