Couple of questions. Would like to know if they would come up/show up in an mot and if they would be a fail or advisory. Vehical is a 3.5t ldv van

coolant tank-visible obvious leak

Knocking on suspension, bottom ball joints replaced, still doing it just slightly less.

Knocking noise under initial load (gear stick jerking at same time)

Vibration on brakes when slowing from motorway speed, front brakes replaced.

the coolant leak could be put down as an advisory ...

the brake judder could cause it to fail ...

knocking on the suspension all depends what is causing it if a component is excessively worn then it could fail ...

but it is all down to the tester ......

i would say most MOT tester will fail knocking bottom ball joints, its a common issue on most vehicles and they tend to test them quite thoroughly

I always tend to get friendly with my local garage so i can take the car away and fix the faults myself

as said above tho it really is down to the individual tester

My main concern is I was told bottom ball joint were gone, mechanics words were f***ing hanging out, speed bump equals seperation. Also beleived other suspension components needed attention as did engine mounts. But the mechanics who did the work just replaced bottom ball joints and left the rest.

This is a company vehical so the first fitter would have no reason to lie about bits failing, where as the others who done the works are known to be lazy w***ers. I been moaning the header tank is leaking for 3 months and they have seen it themselves, Not even convinced it actually went for an mot and they were just saying it to get me off their backs moaning about it. Banging about, brakes vibrating and knocking under load and braking at low speed.