[moved] Anyone fitted the eibach anti roll bars?? Help please!!

they are a direct replacement for your original roll bars! just a case of removal and refit, all be it with some effort as you will probably need a second set of hands to help fit the front one(at least) back into the wishbones!

Correct. They don't put instructions in. You should have a couple of long' date=' thin metal strips. They [b']wrap around the roll bar and hold it against the original (it will bb visible from under the car by the time you've finished).

Does this mean u keep the original roll bar on? surely not?

So u dont need to do any drilling then?

By the way does anyone want me to post the bits that came with the kit? Just got a new digital camera

[ Edited Mon Mar 15 2004, 10:27AM ]

Correct. They don't put instructions in. You should have a couple of long' date=' thin metal strips. They wrap around the roll bar and hold it against the original (it will bb visible from under the car by the time you've finished).[/quote']

Sorry, could you speak up? ;)

Correct. They don't put instructions in. You should have a couple of long' date=' thin metal strips. They [b']wrap around the roll bar and hold it against the original (it will bb visible from under the car by the time you've finished).

Does this mean u keep the original roll bar on? surely not?

So u dont need to do any drilling then?

By the way does anyone want me to post the bits that came with the kit? Just got a new digital camera

[ Edited Mon Mar 15 2004, 10:27AM ]

There is no drilling whatsoever. The front is a direct replacement - you take off the old ARB and put on the new one (using the supplied bolts). Probably worth replacig the link bushes at the same time as you'll be unscrewing them during fitment anyway.

The rear fits in addition to the original ARB. It screws in at either end and then is lashes to the underside of the car.

Sorry I can't be very specific - I only watched/helped whilst someone else fitted the bars for me.

cheers nickbee was wondering what those big clips were for!!

getting it on a ramp on wednesday so should all make perfect sense, might take a few pictures if i remember.

Last question, might sound a little thick, but the holes on the rear arb are massive, does a bush fit in their and then the bolt goes through it?

[ Edited Mon Mar 15 2004, 10:40AM ]

Pass. I can only think of the holes in the end of the bar, which something screws into. It's more obvious when you've got it up near the car though.

The back one attaches at either end (should be obvious when you've got it all in front of you). and clips on. Fiddly but simple.

You've got to drop the subfame slightly to do the front, which is trickier as you've got to support the engine.

I'd also recommend at least one other pair of hands!!!

• 1 month later...