Hi All, i have a wet kit ready to go and was after any info/hints/tips regards the setup and tuning. i have spoken to vince@stealth and got some ideas of which blocks to measure in VAG com for engine knock etc and to check that the remap they did wont cause issues

its a standard 150 wet kit, i was looking at running 100 horse jets through a progressive controller.

all help appreciated.

cheers

steve

Apologies, i have jets from 30-150 HP, my solenoids are rated 200hp so i am going to try some different settings, i have a progressive controller so i dont drop it all in at once. i am after any members who have used nitrous and have any tips/tricks or general advice.

cheers

steve

Well basically you want to start off small and work you way up. Make sure your You should start with a flick switch, also have a wide open throttle switch. You can mount it under the throttle pedal. You also want to have a non latching switch that you hold on when you want nitrous.

Do not use it in first gear ever, try not to use it in second. third is fine etc.

dont have your bottle open on the road as if you get pulled over its illegal and you will get in a lot of trouble. remote bottle openers are good :)

if you need any more info just ask.

Cheers, i have a NOS 15974 which is a 2 stage controller with integrated TPS and window switch.

i was thinking on about 3k rpm, 20% ramp over 5 seconds and off at about 6k, the % ramp and time i will need to fiddle with.

i have read that 1st gear is a no-no but with a window switch 2nd should be do-able?

I thought the Wizards have sorted the road legal aspect?

thanks again.

steve

I would probably go for 4s and 3 k sounds good but extend it a bit more too like 6250 or 6300rpm.

2nd gear is a debatable one to be honest. In some cars it's fine but with the vr6 gearbox second isn't as amazing strong. Especially when your smashing 150 extra through it. Third is the best gear to start nitrous with.

As for the road legal aspect, I'm 80% sure that it's fine to have it in your car all the time, fine to have it all set up etc as long as it safe, but the bottle must not be opened when on the road. As it means you have been using it and they know if you've been using it then you have been giving it some.

Cool' date=' thanks for your time and knowledge.

steve

[/quote']

It's cool. Let me know if you need anymore advice etc. you should look into cooler plugs etc too. Extra things that are good and help out the nitrous are extra headwork, colder plugs, cams, a good clutch and fresh oil. If you wanted to take it further you should look at pistons and arp hardware etc.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Have you got a fuel pressure switch mate as I would never run another nos setup without one. I blew an engine in 3 seconds because the fuel pressure dipped causing it to run far to lean then bang it went

VR6 Loonibuggy Santa Pod 2014 !

i dont have a fuel pressure switch... should i run an additional fuel pump then?

• 2 weeks later...