VW have just made me £311 lighter after purchasing discs & pads (front & rear) and rear wheel bearings. Steep I thought but I wanted to stick to OE bits as there tried and tested.

Just wanted to hear from someone who's replaced these all round to find out if you came across any problems? Also does anyone know what type of grease VW use to lubricate the abs sensors? I enquired about it (as the part number was quoted in the Bently manual) and they wanted £30 for it! So you can guess what I said to that! Must be a cheaper equivalent???

Cheers in advance

Vince

front is easy...same as every other car.

rears you need a special tool to wind in the piston (it has to be tunred and pushes at same time, unlike fronts which just push in with a clamp)...£20 from halfords about. also, the bearings need pushing into disc, but i never done that so dont know specifics.

i normally use an old socket that just sits on the outside race of the bearings and tap them home using a copper mallet. always refill my bearing cups and smear the bearings with castrol LM high temp grease, available from most motor factors i believe!

The only problem i had when i did the rear brakes, was taking of the 2 allen key bolts that hold caliper on. They were stuck on quite hard so had to bray them off, and then coudn't get replacements till the following day.So it might be worth getting a set of those while your at it. Only a few pence each