right, the vrt i have is deciding it doesnt want to fire up. I bought it with the sump off so have fitted new gasket, filled with oil, removed fuel pump relay and then cranked it over to get oil flowing as it had been sat for a while. put the fuel pump relay back in it now just cranks over but wont fire up.

The coipack is only giving out 5 sparks, all different stengths so going to check the gas on them all.

Had to replace one plug due to it not working.

Bosch 044 fuel pump is not coming on now either which could also be a problem with fuel not getting through it if its not powered up? But i think thats a wiring issue as ive wired it p to a relay.... Its the first time i've used this pump so not sure...

going to get a new coilpack today.

All sensors and wiring is correct, all pluged in and working.

If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What plugs are you running and what have you them gapped to?

What injectors and software are you using?

Any corrosion on pins on engine multiplug or ecu plug?

Really could do with your inline pump wired up properly and working too although that won't be affecting spark.

Bosch plugs, gapped to 0,7.

330cc green top. C2 software but mapped by stealth.

Engine plug and ecu are both mint.

Struggling to get the inline pump to stop priming. It just comes on with ignition and stays on...

Also, adjustable fpr but don't know if it's open or closed as have no instructions....

Change your plugs to NGK BKR7E's and gap them to 0.022" for a start, probably not your problem at this point though.

Your software is either C2 or Stealth, can't be both!

Can you describe how you have your fuel pump wired? You should have a constant live going to relay and use the OE trigger wire going to OE pump to switch the relay on and off as it would normally.

Why are you using an adjustable FPR? Are you OBD1 or 2? Also, have you gt a 4" maf housing in there or standard one?

Ok, plugs on order, it's been mapped by stealth.

With the pump, it's a 4 pin switched relay

One from battery

One to earth it

One from original fuel pump

One from inline pump

Using the adjustable fpr as it came with the engine etc and it has no fpr on the fuel rail anymore.

It's obd2

And yeah 4" maf.

Also found today injectors are not firing.

New coilpack bought too.

Good info. What pins have you used for each supply on the relay?

Should be like this;

Pin 87 - Out to your inline pump

Pin 86 - Trigger from original pump plug (I think it's red with yellow tracer)

Pin 85 - earth

Pin 30 - constant live

What Kind of short runner is that in your sig? Can you not run A standard fuel rail with it therefore your need for an adjustable fpr?

Have you checked the chip in the ecu hasn't come loose or anything? Strange that your injectors aren't firing.. You should give UM a shout for some software especially since you're using a 4" maf.

I think that's how it's set up.

It's a schimmel short runner with fuel rail.

I'm pretty sure you can but I think it's easier to run the adjustable.

No I didn't think about chip. Will check it tomorrow.

Thanks for help so far.

No probs, I'm no expert by any means but have been where you are now and appreciated the help I got at the time! I think the Schimmel doesn't work with OE fuel rail which means you do need that adjustable FPR. Once you get it running, make sure do your setup at 3bar as that's what OBD2 requires and what you should be mapped for. Once it's running sweet knock it up a wee bit for some pops and bangs :P

Haha yeah it's a nightmare. Thanks, much appreciated. And I will keep this thread posted for other users as its usefull info.

And ok will do. I've got a wideband gauge anyway so when its all running that should tell me how much I need.

As for the intake I think they do an adapter.

They make two but I think it's this one I need

http://www.spturbo.com/onlinestore/index.php/volkswagen/mk3-94-98/vr6/sp-intake/stock-fuel-reg-adaptor.html

Might resort back to that if I can't solve this problem.

So you have spark and fuel but still won't fire? I had this problem once and despite the usual suggestions of faulty crank sensor it turned out to be a chip had come loose from the board in the ecu. I presume your crank sensor is plugged in ok? Have you had it on Vagcom to see if there are any faults?

No vag.com, no obd port, that's why. And no it's not starting. Had a look inside ecu and all seems ok... But I'm not an expert so could be wrong. Yeah all sensors are fine. Going to take out can sensor and maybe crank sensor tomorrow and give them a clean.

Other than I'm stumped.

i suggest you wire up the port, not hard to do , and will be worth your while .

you can place it were ever you please , keep it in the engine bay if you want .

did you buy it running / sold as running.

get a fpr guage for the fpr , but as has been said it should be 3 bar on a obd2 golf .