VR6 engine into a kit car.... sacrilegious you may say!

Hi folks,

I'm now at the point where I'm ready to plan the installation of my VR6 2.8 12 valver into my kit car. Clearly I need to sort out the rear wheel drive issues, gearbox adaptor, suitable clutch, remote oil filter/cooler etc but I was wondering what tuning options there are for these engines? While I'm reluctant to say money is no option I would like to hear of all possible alternative stages of tune that are good value for money and don't involve turbos or superchargers. Are there re-maps, new camshafts or throttle body kits is more what I'm thinking of? Thanks in advance folks.

Endless tuning possibilities, especially if you decide to go FI.

As far as the rear wheel drive setup goes it might be worth looking into the B5 Audi Quattro route as some of the Americans use VR6's instead of the conventional Audi/Passat V6. VW do the bellhousing conversion plates etc. just a thought though! Never seen anyone put one in a kit car though and would be good to see :)

If you dont want to go forced you are limited a shrick inlet mani will help with torque as will a decent set of cams flowed head and if budget allows a 3.0 or 3.1 rebore but it would be cheaper to go forced induction than to have all of that lot done.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive seen these things done with 20vt's before, so a kit like that should be fairly simple to adapt to VR surely?

Always wanted to build one of these, with 6 throttle bodies poking out of one side of the bonnet, and 6 little exhausts poking out of the other side.

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE NOOOOIIIIISSSSE!!!