I do have a new problem though, the sidelight setting normally runs the headlights at a really low brightness as well as the sidelights. Now that I've put HIDs in, they just flash when I set it to sidelights only. Is there a way of stopping them flashing or having them stay off on sidelight mode?

Ah thanks, thats useful. I did find a yellow plug up under the car on the drivers side that is for the dayglo resistor as well. It was a bitch to get to and I didn't unclip it completely, but its disconnected it enough to disrupt the circuit and turn off the dim dips. So for now its functioning properly without taking the headlight switch out.

I need to adjust the height of the beams but from what I've experienced so far the vertical adjusters are a nightmare to get to! I may take it in to Volkswagen for them to do, I hear the twisties break easily too. And while they're doing it maybe they can unplug the dayglo properly?

Unless anyone has any ideas on adjusting the beams?

Good news, I borrowed a local garage while they were quiet in exchange for some beers. Beam tester shows that the pattern is perfect and the height is good so no adjustment needed. Also got her up on their ramp and managed to unplug the dayglo resistor properly.

Bad news is I need to relocate one of the ballasts as its getting quite hot where it is now, shouldn't be too much of a problem I hope.

Does anyone know of any good heat proofing material I could use to protect the ballast a bit more?