any advice B4 i get standard setup

Has anybody got advice on what to do to my suspension due to the ride been too harsh? x) I am running FK coilovers, the damp is turned right down but I am still losing teeth !amazed due to the roads near me are crap and they have installed speed mountains everywhere! ~:( i use my VR every day for work as well as pleasure!

Looks like you are running 17's too - this will make your ride harsher due to the low profile rubber.

As you can adjust your damping, it sounds like you are running Koenigsports, which ride reasonably well, so surprising you find it so harsh. My Eibach springs and Koni shocks combination rides a little softer than Koenigsports, but any lowered and stiffened suspension is going to be relatively harsh if you use the car everyday!

I had the same problem ste-vr6, I only had Koni's and lowering springs but found the ride too harsh for everyday driving and the ground clearance was becoming an issue with more than one person in the car. Speed bumps became a nightmare! I got so sick of it that I replaced the Koni's for Boge standard stuff. Its now a much improved ride, but obviously the handling has suffered (BIG TIME!!! :( ) but the ride makes up for it and I can now go over speed bumps faster than 5mph!! For me it was the right thing to do because I don't thrash around that much any more really wanted comfort.

I miss my old ST170 Focus!!! Excellent handling and I didn't feel bumps that the VR stumbles on! VR much quicker though :P

yeah, try 15"s first (have a set of solitudes spare if you wana buy them ;))

if its still too harsh i dont know what to suggest. maybe gmax springs on new o.e. dampers with eibach arbs? standard front srpings are just too soft, they make the car really vague over 80mph)

Yeah its a shame they are so bad standard.

I am looking for an old car mag review on the VR, be intersting to see what they said about it at the time.

Think I will have to at some time invest in some Neuspeed ARB's as the front end seems to have a mind of its own when you push around bends, hopefully that will tighten everything thing up.... or I bite the bullet and get a MK5 - better start saving!! ;)