I bought some cheap ones for 65 off eBay a few years ago, worked ok, but lasted around 6 months. Wrecked a few of them simply by changing spark plugs, cheap quality that I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

I have no experience with the dup power ones, however they seem too cheap, but need someone who's tried them.

From personal experience, go for something good brand to start with. Either go genuine or with someone like Magnacore. I have Magnacore on mine and the quality feels brilliant. Been on ans off so many times and still fit like new.

thanks, i bought a set from vwspares.co.uk for my auto vr6 and have had them on and off.

they seem to make car run ok but bit of shakey idle.

are these the magnecor ones your on about that are very good ? http://www.camskill.co.uk/m14b61s1113p85403/MAGNECOR_IGNITION_LEADS_-_Magnecor_8mm_Plug_Lead_Set_-_VW_Golf_2_8_VR6_1994-97

i would go with craggsy on this genuine all the way i have had cheap ones and they dont last long. i didnt seem to have much with magnacore ones as there made at a factory in kettering. after they had been on and off a few times and you would get a misfire on tickover. brought genuine ones and ticksover sweet as a nut and i use iridium plugs as there better than standard bosh super 4s by far.

VW magnecor. they also have a repair service so when I mashed my mk3 I my coilpack took a massive hit and damaged almost all my HT leads. I kept them. Sent them off and for about 20 came back good as new!

Not many people know about there repair service so if your worried about damaging you can rest assured you can get them fixed cheaply :)