not really its sealed, you could try spraying a water mist over it and see if theres any arcing, if there is its a problem, but if there isnt it could be that its totally had it, the easiest is to try a known working coilpack, a bit of a pain to have to buy one before you know its the problem though hey

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a 53 relay in position 11.This is an extra 53 relay on some wires. It looks like the red "live" feeds into the back of position 12.. I will get photos tomorrow to confirm - Thanks for your assistance Lukey

position 12 is for the fuel pump, which fits more that its clicking when you're trying to start it, but why its there I don't know, maybe it was a "modification" at some point for some reason or some kind of fix.

have you tried removing it and see if that makes a difference. Obviously providing that there's no issue with the sparks

hello mate i know this might sounds silly but have you checked the fuses? also what you might wanna try is to put a multimeter on the plug that connects to th coil pack see if your getting anything?? thats all i can think at the min is just keep checking and checking i know its a pain in the arse !! but it will pay off in the end lol

hello mate i know this might sounds silly but have you checked the fuses? also what you might wanna try is to put a multimeter on the plug that connects to th coil pack see if your getting anything?? thats all i can think at the min is just keep checking and checking i know its a pain in the arse !! but it will pay off in the end lol

I was also going to suggest checking the plug for a break etc, as Lukey says for NO spark on any plug is unusual

I was also going to suggest checking the plug for a break etc' date=' as Lukey says for NO spark on any plug is unusual

[/quote']

Thanks for the info Pearsy and Oldmandon, If i pull the plug off the top of the coilpack, can I test for a feed on any point? or is there a certain point I need to check? -

These electronics are an unbelievable pain in the ass!! Much prefer working on the old flat four!!

Will post with the outcome as soon as I can :)

My bro has just pulled in a favour and got a new coilpack for £40 as well... its defo who you know!! just need the leads and plugs and we will know that they aren't the problem. This VR6 will be running by the weekend.

My bro has just pulled in a favour and got a new coilpack for £40 as well... its defo who you know!! just need the leads and plugs and we will know that they aren't the problem. This VR6 will be running by the weekend.

f**king hell thats a touch i think i paided about £90 for a new one after talking them down in price lol and yea good idea to see what happens when everything is new !