ABSOLUTE AWFUL SELLER !!

Neil mawdsley or motor_sportspeed.

I recently Bought an inlet pipe with breather pipe attached ( as my breather pipe had broken ) for £35 from this guy decribed as in good working order

It arrived a few days later and i noticed from just glancing at it that it was split where the rubber breather pipe attaches to the circular plastic bit.

the exact reason mine broke and i was ordering a replacement.

i contacted him for a refund but he refused and wants me to send the part back first for him to decide

might seem minor but previously i spent out nearly £400 on a gearbox that had no reverse that he sold as being in perfect working order.

He has done me over twice and if i had realised it was him selling i wouldnt of gone near the breather pipe.

But besides the point he has sold me two faulty items and in the years of using ebay for car parts he is the only seller that has conned me.

this was the other case with the gearbox he sold me.

Im not setting out to bad mouth this guy but i bought an auto box off him for £120 being told that it was in perfect working order, been tested thoroughly and no problems atall.

I got a price for shipping to CI of £90 and agreed with the seller how to pack it by putting it on quarter of a palet .

DHL picked it up and shipped it over but when i went to their depo to pick it up he had put it on a full pallet and put the cost up to £320.

After explaining everything and speaking to their manager i got it down to £220.

Old gearbox came off , timing chains etc done then new gearbox on.

go to drive and no reverse gear atall. Removed sump to discover clutch plates everywhere.

His gearbox contaminated my torque convertor - £160 to recon.

Spoke to him over the phone and he blames it on the shipping so i took the gearbox apart and inspected reverse clutch pack to find no friction material left what so ever. Sent a few emails without any replys

He has done me over twice and if i had realised it was him selling i wouldnt of gone near the breather pipe.

But besides the point he has sold me two faulty items and in the years of using ebay for car parts he is the only seller that has conned me.

I had a similar situation with a couple of headlights. Were supposed to be in perfect working order. Both were broken beyond reasonable use.

Contacted eBay VIA dispute procedure and I won my case. Got my refund and didn't have to return the faulty items.

As a buyer your always protected using eBay. Sonic you are unhappy open a dispute....

Alot of people now request you 'gift' money via PayPal. All well and good but you loose any protection you would usually get if you didn't gift the money... Just something to think about :) there's a reason there are PayPal fees afterall :)