How deep is your pocket? How good a job do you want? Are you doing any of the prep work yourself? How long is a piece of string. I had a quote for a reasonable respray same colour £1600. Also had a quote for a cheap no vat !!! job £1100. Now Nat Cooper had a full respray different colour to high standard and don't think she saw change from £3000... Up to you how much it costs also where you take it.... Could approach a local college that trains students in body repairs, can get a good job there for not a lot of money, as the tutor oversees everything....Thats if they do it your way...

look in the spare wheel well for the sticker with the colour code on it mate :)

as for the cost as Don says it depends on so many variables and depends on the quality of your sprayer. I did mine recently but I did all the prep work myself because I wanted to have a go and then did a little bit of the primer spraying etc because I didnt want a perfect job I wanted a job that I did ! I also bought all the paint etc and when I came to do that there was a £300 difference between different quality paints and the associated bits ( primer, undercoat, lacquer etc )

In my view the only bits you need a pro to do is the colour and lacquer, even then lacquer not so much as you can flat back drips etc, but a pro doing these stages would leave you with a nicer finish and less finishing work to do afterwards, I would know as I've de nibbed a whole car by hand and with professional body shops equipment, the latter is better results in shorter time

• 2 weeks later...

i have just paid £1600 for full respray on my mk3. but that was new doors and wings i did all the removal of parts ie bumpers, doors wings etc. his work is ace and has done a really dood job. you do tend to pay for what you get.

• 4 weeks later...

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg550/mushtech/IMG_0018.jpg car

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg550/mushtech/Picture142.jpg wheels

there u are!! i thats it just just got back after it had been painted. yes i prefer to remove and fit the parts as i know some body shops just bodge stuff. I also forgot he refurbed the alloys too in the price. but yes i even had to remove the roof lining so he could get a couple of dents out the roof. i also paided him £100 to smooth the front and rear bumpers. so £1700 in total but worth it!!!

I would dred to think what it would of cost me if he done all the work prob £2500.

Seems very VERY cheap considering you have smoothed front and rear bumpers. I would keep a very close eye on the smoothing as cheap jobs tend to sink which will ripple the paint over the top.

Just keep an eye on it closely and take it back at any first signs.

Other than that mate, it looks really nice ! Love the wet look ;-)

the bumpers have been done over a year ago by him. as someone else was going to spray it.but he used a two pack glue to fill teh line around the bumper. i also smoothed the front indicators,rear wiper,vw badge. i must admit i do love the job he has done!! everytime i get it out the garage it brings a smile to my face.

i was recommended by a friend who used to work for him its called fx paint in kettering.

• 4 weeks later...

Can't say I have ever heard of them.

I will be taking mine to Reflex in Northampton next month to get a few bits done :-)

I know what you mean about the smile ! Mine has been away in the garage over the winter and I have only recently started to get it back out and the smile that beams accorss my face when I open the garage door..... Well... It's HUGE ! :-)