TS... A cry for help pretty please!, now with pics.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok thanks guys, so is that the right avenue to take?, assume the seal is probably ok at first, but we may have a pressure build up problem?, i think i'll clean it up and bolt it back up like Tony said, and keep an eye on it to verify oil is being pushed past the seal. if its something that doesnt get worse or too bad i may leave it till after UD.

My progress with getting it show ready has been thwarted by some problems at home, and so could really do without this oil leak.

Was also trying to get the bay sorted but seems a little pointless with oil squirting about ;) .

hahaha :)

Ok i stripped the bay down, charger off, cleaned, redid the pipework, checked things over.

i put it back together, and it runs very well, it did have a boost leak somewhere but i dont know where...... the dv is ok also.

car sounds different now also, but is boosting better.... :)

Only main differences are that i didnt do the belt up quite so tight, and new pipework and clamps.

Ran the car fast and hot and so far no oil has leaked yet....

In taking stuff apart i had a good look about...... and the oil definately came from the seal, i have no verified that that was the only place it came from, whether it was the pressure/resriction of a slightly kinked oil return pipe causing the leak..... time will tell.

I'm kinda happy at the mo, and maybe a proper rebuild would be a good idea, let's just get UD out the way first :).

cheers guys. ;)

hahaha :)

Ok i stripped the bay down' date=' charger off, cleaned, redid the pipework, checked things over.

i put it back together, and it runs very well, it did have a boost leak somewhere but i dont know where...... the dv is ok also.

car sounds different now also, but is boosting better.... :)

Only main differences are that i didnt do the belt up quite so tight, and new pipework and clamps.

Ran the car fast and hot and so far no oil has leaked yet....

In taking stuff apart i had a good look about...... and the oil definately came from the seal, i have no verified that that was the only place it came from, whether it was the pressure/resriction of a slightly kinked oil return pipe causing the leak..... time will tell.

I'm kinda happy at the mo, and maybe a proper rebuild would be a good idea, let's just get UD out the way first :).

cheers guys. ;)

[/quote']

excellent :D happy is good!! :) and yes UD's.... whoop whoop, stand will look lush :)