Supercharger rebuilds

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to order bearings and get them fitted in under 48hrs to my V1' date=' sometimes worth looking at DIY unless the charger gears/shaft/case are fubarred, everyone I spoke to said I had to send the charger to the states!, glad I didn't.

[/quote']

Nik Saran is just too fucking long mate.(USA)

NS Racing dont do shizzle over here neither! (UK)

So it may jus av to be strip and service DIY jobbie!

Oh Muzel Toff! :-d

I managed to order bearings and get them fitted in under 48hrs to my V1' date=' sometimes worth looking at DIY unless the charger gears/shaft/case are fubarred, everyone I spoke to said I had to send the charger to the states!, glad I didn't.

[/quote']

Nik Saran is just too fucking long mate.(USA)

NS Racing dont do shizzle over here neither! (UK)

So it may jus av to be strip and service DIY jobbie!

Oh Muzel Toff! :-d

Let me know If you need any help/advice, I spent 2 days solid researching this, and sourcing parts for the V1 ;)

And Paul, you may need a parts supplier... Yes? Haha :)

I've tried sls tuning but they told me I need to send it to RUF. I'd give it a go doing it myseld but last time I tried to strip it, I couldn't get the small pulley off the shaft or the bolt undone that holds the fan on. I might try whipping it off again and have a go in the garage. How would I find the right bearings and seals, etc?

i googled diy vortech supercharger rebuild, loads of guides came up, in the states, mainly mustang forums etc, i found 3 parts lists and emailed them to local besaring companies, they got back to me, quickly, very helpful, and the bearings for the vortechs are max 1 day wait, if not they are on the shelf. ;)