OBD1/OBD2 loom difference

Basically I heard a rumour a while ago that the late OBD1 loom could be used with OBD2. I have an OBD2 converted corrado but obviously the loom is routed different to the mk3 and just doesn't fit like I want it to without having to cut and shorten wires which I'm not prepared to do.

My corrado is a 1995 with a CP ecu, I know I'd have to leave the engine loom in but does anyone know if I could use the corrado fusebox to engine bay loom? The only additional plug I know that the corrado doesn't have is the ambient air temp sensor (near the ECU)

Yes, the ISV is built into the throttle body but that loom would have to use the OBD2 anyway but its the other part I'm wondering about.

The fan plugs are the same, I didn't change the fans or the fan controller, just plugged them in. Can't remember if they are working 100% though, havn't ran my car in about 6 months but if I recall I had a problem with either stage 2 or 3 not kicking in but I think thats another issue.

I did an obd2 conversion on my obd1 golf, and it bd and apparent to me that over the years of productions there were slight changes throu-ought. Things like 3 or 4 pin mafs, different cam sensors etc. fans can be different along with the fan control module but the main reason for this is aircon, or non aircon.

Yea I know there were a fair few differences, what I maybe should have put was that my obd2 conversion is running and running fine, almost everything working as it should. Its just the loom has to snake round itself in the engine bay and just looks terrible.

When I did my conversion, the MAF and lambda plug was the same which is the main 2 differences in the fusebox to engine bay loom, I actually ran the obd1 lambda sensor for a while until I had a chance to swap it over.

Well its for 2 reasons really, firstly I hate how the loom has to snake round, and there are other places that just doesn't fit 100% like the wiper motor rubber etc. and rather than faffing about, I have a corrado loom sat in my garage that I know fits perfectly. you can hide it but I know its there and it bugs me, mine just .

Secondly, I'm just interested if it can be done. I know it will help other corrado owners who want to go obd2 as it will be about a 4 hour job without the scary loom cutting! I know how daunting it was just looking at the loom unwrapped thinking "that has to go back together, let alone having to cut it to bits!