What flipping loom do I have grrrrrrrr

Hey hoooooo

You guys are probes fed up of me by now, but I do need some help here, I would like to know finally once and for all what engine/ loom I have pretty please!!!

On the side of the engine there is a sticker saying AAA coil-pack then loads of number with a barcode. BUT when my friend bought me over his vr6 AAA coil-pack loom, the car didn't fire and the loom was wrong!

I then did some research into ODB1 coil-pack fuse plug connecters, to find that mine are similar, but would like a few gurus on here to help clarify the situation.

Hi mate heres soime pics of my fuse box part of the engine/ecu loom...

The 3 plugs...

IMG-20111202-00522.jpg

3 other random plugs - 2x1pin (black and white plug) and 1x2 pin (green plug)

IMG-20111202-00523.jpg

again other plugs.... relay plug (4 wires going into it) - red plug/black plug both 2 pin but join to them selves - then got a 2x1 pin plug (brown and blue plugs) then 1x2 pin plug (brown plug)

IMG-20111202-00524.jpg

hope this helps.....

Ash

Coraddo 2.9 engine is ABV. All the 2.8s were/are AAA but coilpack came on both obd 1 & 2. So yeah if yours is obd 1 coilpack you'll need the same. To be honest, i'm not sure if the coraddo obd1 loom is the same. Did coraddos come with coilpacks? I thought not.

i dont want to give up on that loom, as it will help alot of things out.

but i seam to admit defeat and just buy another ODB1 loom.... and extend that. i'm gutted really asi really want to us the oe loom. i mean maybe some of the wires arn't getting power... i dunno and give up.

ts repair able if you know what ya doin.... :(

unfortunatly i dont have a scoobies.... maybe i'll strip it all back and solder this time rather than using butt connecters?

sweeney, i think your right, alot of other people have said this about those 3 plugs

if the car is not a daily driver, ill happily take a look at the loom if you want to send it to me? failing that. i have a copy of autodata which i can send on a disc for you, in there it has full data on what each and every ecu pin does, what its connected to and what the voltage readings should be . also has full wiring diagrams on it ;)