just fitted new front elec window mech and motor (help)!!!!!

hello just fitted new motor and mech taken fromm a gti i have just fitted it and have a problem with window it work gos up and down but is rubbing on something so isnt quite right it got dark so was a bit rushed but all 5 10 mill bolts are lined up window gos half way down then gos auto to down and then starts struggling and seems slow to go back up any ideas people gonna try tweek it in morning !!! just want it perfect

It could be how the window sits in the clamps. I've changed a couple on my mk3, and have found that the best way is to get someone to hold the window in place as if it was closed by hand. then using the button bring the mechanism up to the window slowly until the clamps join up with the window. You may need to jigg them around a bit to make them both sit in then once you've brought them up to a point where the window is now completly seated in the clamps you can tighten them off.

This should eliminate any allignment issues. I found that if you sat the window in when the mechanism was wound down it would be way out, even if it looked ok by eye and cause the window to jam up/ struggle when it got close to the top

Also look out for rubbing against the cables on the mechanism as these can sometimes get caught.