I have taken a couple of pics as I'm not sure what the actual parts are called, so if someone could also educate me there it would be great.

1snz1z.jpg

jq114x.jpg

I started it up after changing the big end bearings, and I heard quite loud ticking sound coming from the engine area, when I had a look I could actually see the spark arcing from the end of the HT leads on to the box that the leads fix on to.

What could be causing this? I did change the spark plugs and have checked that the leads are pushed on to the plugs as much as I could (pretty difficult with this engine), I have also checked that the leads are firmly on the "control unit".

Any ideas?

posibly dameged your ht leads, if you pulled them out by the cable you might of dameged the lead, also did you put the right spark plugs back in, the vr6 are very picky on there ht leads, iv been through many leads and the oem vr6 leads from vw are the only ones worth buying.

also check the coil pack the black box what the leads plug into for any cracks, if theres cracks on the black plastic then it may be arcking before it gets to the leads.

if theres cracks on the coilpack there not cheap.

also why is there wires running into the top of the coilpack?

looking at the pic the ht leads dameged round the rubber boot, there very fussy with there leads it dont take much to mess them up.

How else would you pull the HT leads out' date=' is the a tool for removing and fitting the leads to the plugs? I left the HT leads attached to the coil pack throughout.

[/quote']

There is indeed! I have borrowed one on several occasios anf they do make life very easy!

Im sure someone will update as to where these can be bought from..?