Intercooler Pipe Route

Hello people, need some help with regards to fitting a intercooler to my vr6, from what i know the supercharger is a z engineering...looks like the old style. what route would you guys take when piping for a intercooler as coming out of the charger and going past the throttle body through the intercooler and back past the charger seems a tad tight...any help or diagrams would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

jake

This is an SRI.... :-)

CavalierSRi-150.JPG

All of the supercharger installs I've seen with an intercooler make more torque than those without and further more, that torque is consistent. S/Cs without an IC pull a good first run on the dyno, but come the 4th or 5th run, you're 30% down on power.

The main probelm with ICs and S/Cs is boost soak because they cant' speed up to compensate like turbos can. My V9F dropped 4psi filling an interooler. Rotrexes may fair better.

lol, i had one of those :)

it also true that a supercharger can require a intercooler. imho a vf wth say 6psi wont benefit , but a vf running say 12/13 psi would.. anything that helps keep charge temps down is a good idea..

Yeah me too, although was the round shape (MK3?) SRI130. That felt like a quick car back in 1991, but now 130hp isn't worth getting out of bed for :-)

That's what mine was initially. 12psi pulley through an IC and 8psi at the throttle, 280hp. Then I fitted the schimmel SRI and took the IC off and power shot up to 321hp, but torque stayed the same as 8psi, PMSL!!! Hardly feckin worth it in my case....and that 320 horse soon fell down to well below 300 once the old heatsoak kicked in.....

I was also running Aquamist water injection at that time but it didn't do much. Should have run 50/50 methanol but I couldn't get it in good quantities back then.

Then I went turbo :-)