Full Brake System Bleed how to???

Hi finally getting my VR back to a road worthy condition and my last task now before i can get it off the axle stands is to bleed the brakes. I have replaced the rear callipers and the ABS pum/ECU. do i need VAGCOM to do this or can i bleed it the normal way without my laptop connected?

i have read that if the ABS pump is changed then VAGCOM will be required to bleed it, i did all the brakes at the weekend and it still felt a bit soft and not quite right, found that one of the rears was binding so sorting that tonight and will try again!

nightmare continues with this dam bleed!!! set it all up last night to bleed the pump through VAGCOM but when i came to run it under the 03 ABS, Basic Settings, 001 0r 002 it returned saying Error Not Available. what the hell does this mean. I read somewhere that when changing the pump you may need to recode the new one to match the old, but i was also told that if you change the pump/ecu for another with same part/serial numbers it is fine which is what i did. what do i do now??? i ran another normal pressure bleed and did all four again and the clutch and everything is working fine but just have no abs and an mot failure with the bulb on!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

its teves 20 not teves 4,

bleed it old fashioned first then try the pump purge with vagcom, dont be too worried if the pedals till feels a bit spongy or has dead travel about an inch at the top, drive it for a while and it might work its way back up to a soild pedal again, has done for me

they are a full on ba5tard to bleed, so if at first you dont succeed.....