Spare power lead or good source in engine bay?

hello

1993 VR6 with coilpack.

Right - electrics arent my thing..... %-6 so......

Does anyone have any idea if there are any spare electrical connectors in the engine bay on a 93 VR6, that show a positive signal with the ignition switched on?

If not, where is the best bit to tap into it?

Yes - I could trail a wire all the way up to the ignition switch, but I'd rather be a bit cleverer...! :)

For info, this is a low amp requirement - its a signal wire to control the relay for my water injection.

The kind of obvious place is the coilpack - but I'm real reluctant to tamper with the signal to this piece of kit....

Advice sil vous plait?!

Jules

Not Advice..Just an Opinion!!

to be quite honest, Id use a high quality fused wire running to your relay or a switch in your dash. Keeps things simple and insures a good connection. Also means you dont hack your cars electrics (best left alone). This could also be removed more easily should u need to.

Alternatively, pay an electrician or a local stereo fitter(usually fairly Cheap) to locate the best place and give him a score

Yes - me too - well impressed! Is yours the ERL system? I also wired in a dash LED to the pressure switch which tells me when its pumping (or at least when the switch is open ;)). I'm using a 60/40 water/isopropanol mix. I've mounted a screen wash tank from a Mini in the boot - fites nicely. I wanted to use a separate tank as I planned from the start to be using paint rotting additives....!

Jules

i just got a ppe running to my screen wash tank at the mo,but am using a mercedes screen wash which is pretty potent stuff.

would like to use 50% methanol,but can't seem to get any over here in the channel islands.

my system is the aquamist race sytem,got it off stealth racing.top man vince!!!!

Yep - thats what I've got. Aquamist System 1s with Race Pump.

I bought the Isopropyl Alchohol (Isopropanol) from Maplins. Its expensive at £10 a litre. Its used to clean electronics. You'll have a hard time getting Methanol - and there is no way you can get it delivered easily!!

Ahhh - yes the wiper motor. I never thought of that. I'll take a look at weekend. Thanks for that.

That website that shows how to install the Schrick manifold, spoke of using something up that way, but I'm sure it said that there was a spare connector. But anyway, I'll have a look and a play.

I think I'll still grab hold of a spare rear window demister switch and install it in a spare slot in the dash to be able to fully switch the pump off, in case I find I've run out of water anytime.....

Jules

Seem to remember some tips on Aquamist's website about how quickly the tank runs out when you first fit the system - apparently it stabilises once you stop driving everywhere with your foot to the floor!!

ha - thats right - and at the moment I've got it injecting a bnit early at about 3250rpms (with foot on floor) and I've used half a tank in the last few days... and about half a tank of fuel also...!

All good fun - cant wait to see how clean my engine is inside now...

Jules

Simey,

Whats your opinion on that then? I mean, who fitted the kit and is it likely?

Let me know how you get on. I'd be interested to know how much a full Stealth diagnostic like this costs.... cos if I cant get mine running right, Vince can have it.

Jules

Jules' date='

What do you guys reckon on the Aquamist system?[/quote']

well so far, I've only been using it for two days, and I can feel that the car runs smoother up top and seems to pull harder after 4000rpms.

However, I need to make sure that the water injection isnt just masking the fact I'm not running that good anyway...

Jules

JBS put the s/c on but as I said to Vince how do you know the difference between a standard or uprated chip?

The answer is rolling road and computers which JBS haven't got, the reason Vince reckons its the chip is because when you run the car without the s/c its fine.

The FSE boost valve should be 4 bar not standard 3 bar & there should be a one way valve on the carbon canister.

Initially it was a few hours work to change throttle body and air mass meter but still not running right at 7pm, Vince dropped us at the Wharf Inn pub for my mate to pick us up.

While waiting I ended up chatting to some local northern blondes with great puppies :):)

Keep you posted on the outcome!