Story starts and ends so far with VW

When i was 17 got a 300 pound mint condition red polo mk2 was wonderful until i couldn’t afford it so had to sell it that’s the early days in a nutshell

when 19 and being the manager of a pub had 1.4 untill the 10/05/2011

now 20, 2 years ncb! i decided to perchase myself this!

[img width=1024 height=768]http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b429/nero1701/mk3%20vr6/IMG_2377.jpg[img width=800 height=600]http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b429/nero1701/mk3%20vr6/CBJdg6QCGkKGrHqQOKjEzJugmvIDBNGfiQq2_3.jpg

drove down today, left at 6am to drive 173miles down to London, got there got taken for a test drive funny thing was got pulled by cops, due to us drive down the road pulling into the garage then turn strait back out!

so they followed us blues and two's stopped ended up just asking why we did the strange act, basically said that i was going to buy the car, blar blar blar, so ended up speaking to them about golfs for a few mins!

to cut the story short ended up buying this for £955, and drove it all the way back to chester from bottom of london ended up taking 4+ hours in all, but worth it, car didn't miss a beat driving back even though managed to use 70 pound worth of fuel!

got it home about 6pm just had enough time to give it a wash and installed my hella quads, off my old 1.4 and disconnected the sub to install in the vr tomorrow! i shall also post pics tomorrow of what it looks like with quads on! thats all for now!  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice to have a fellow 20 year old on here!! :D I was starting to think I would be the only one! haha

Very nice clean car you got.. I'm sure you won't get bored anytime soon.. and if you're anything like me, you'll have a lot of mates wanting rides and lifts places :D

It's nice to have a fellow 20 year old on here!! :D I was starting to think I would be the only one! haha

Very nice clean car you got.. I'm sure you won't get bored anytime soon.. and if you're anything like me' date=' you'll have a lot of mates wanting rides and lifts places :D

[/quote']

speaking of mates wanting a vr6, went with my mate today to pick up his vr6! haha! speaking of mates wanting a vr!

i think they're addictive.. my mates bought a mini cooper s with 220bhp, and still makes him smile when he goes in mine just because of the noise!

better make sure the seat covers are on when the turbo's on haha

You got any modifications planned yet?

i think they're addictive.. my mates bought a mini cooper s with 220bhp' date=' and still makes him smile when he goes in mine just because of the noise!

better make sure the seat covers are on when the turbo's on haha

You got any modifications planned yet?

[/quote']

well honest dude i used to have a 1.4 and new everything about that engine this vr6 is a whole new area don't even know what engine code it is, next thing on cards is full cat back exaust! but also bidding on a de-cat pipe!

and bonnet lifters i think! don't really know as wanna learn about this engine first! being a newb with vr6's

they are pretty simple really as an engine. If you want to do any research however, the engine code is AAA. There are a lot of people on here that know anything you need to know about them so a question will almost always get a good answer.

Do try to use the search bit on the forum though as a lot of people tend to post a lot of repetitive questions up.

If you're looking towards exhaust side of things.. you might want to look at a 6 branch exhaust manifold. A relatively simple, cheap modification that goes really well with de-cat and exhaust. Give a nice burble to the exhaust too. A Raceland manifold is the one you want to go for, but you have to note there's an adapter for converting the exhaust cat bolts from 2 bolt to 3 bolt (you'll see what I mean lol)

Put that combination with a BMC CDA air filter and you'll soon notice a difference!

they are pretty simple really as an engine. If you want to do any research however' date=' the engine code is AAA. There are a lot of people on here that know anything you need to know about them so a question will almost always get a good answer.

Do try to use the search bit on the forum though as a lot of people tend to post a lot of repetitive questions up.

If you're looking towards exhaust side of things.. you might want to look at a 6 branch exhaust manifold. A relatively simple, cheap modification that goes really well with de-cat and exhaust. Give a nice burble to the exhaust too. A Raceland manifold is the one you want to go for, but you have to note there's an adapter for converting the exhaust cat bolts from 2 bolt to 3 bolt (you'll see what I mean lol)

Put that combination with a BMC CDA air filter and you'll soon notice a difference!

[/quote']

sounds like good starting point cheers dude! looking forward to visiting the forum looks like very informative place! thanks for snippet of information! much appreciated!

no problem.. there's a lot of stuff on here.. Keep an eye out in the for sale section, there's always something coming up for sale.

I've managed 2 and a half years of mine.. now it's getting a turbo.. You'll see ;) it's the natural progression haha

spit grit clay and polish ow don't forget the wax!

had a little cleaning session today first time i have every used a claying kit!

shampoo & conditioner

then clay bar!

then super resin polish

then wax!

black plasic polish!

tyers dressed + wheel clean!

100_4004.jpg

100_4007.jpg

100_4006.jpg

100_4005.jpg

100_4008.jpg

how she sleeps at night and not being used!

100_4009.jpg

Its nice to see another 20 year old :) How much is the insurance in Chester? Im in the Bangor area atm' date=' think ive only seen two other VRs in the metal round here, But its nice to be a bit exclusive

[/quote']

insurance wise till September im paying 177 a month this is heavily discounted through my mothers company! due to discount, how much for yourself fella?

yh yh don't drive it ofter due to petrol and its in such good condition that im scared to damage the thing but going for long run on Thursday with a fellow vr owner into wales so should be interesting!

• 2 weeks later...

pics from service!

100_4020.jpg

100_4019.jpg

father managed to snap bottom of oil filter cover can just about see scratches where it is currently snapped that god no leaks

100_4018.jpg

then went on to find out there was some melting!

100_4025.jpg

100_4024.jpg

then as i was trying to find my tool to remove ignition leads the father managed this

100_4017.jpg

time for new leads!

100_4022.jpg

after all that working now just the fuel filter to do!

• 4 weeks later...