Vento vs Golf

I always to refer to ventos as golfs with a boot to people who have never heard of them. May sound silly but are they actually like for like under the body work? And is it just the boot is bigger?

Also performance wise are they the same? I assume they're a bit heavier but I cant imagine that much. I see vento specs on different websites saying 0-60 is 7.9 where as a golf is 6.9. I cant imagine the boot would add an extra second....

I think I'm correct in saying basicly yes, they are a Golf with a bigger, much much bigger boot, Think it is the same chassis as the golf estate too.

There are other differences with them, fronts obviously different, they have different front bumpers than the golfs, Vento's have 4 slats in the lower grill and are about 14mm deeper than the golf ones, the Golf bumper has 6 slats in the lower grill. Inside the car is also a Golf, the centre consul is the same as the Highline Golf.

Performance wise I would not be able to tell the second difference between my current Vento or our last Golf. but if I'm honset I much prefer driving the Vento hard on the county lanes, it seems to be very well balanced and I find it handles much better than our Golf.

I think I'm correct in saying basicly yes' date=' they are a Golf with a bigger, much much bigger boot, Think it is the same chassis as the golf estate too.

There are other differences with them, fronts obviously different, they have different front bumpers than the golfs, Vento's have 4 slats in the lower grill and are about 14mm deeper than the golf ones, the Golf bumper has 6 slats in the lower grill. Inside the car is also a Golf, the centre consul is the same as the Highline Golf.

Performance wise I would not be able to tell the second difference between my current Vento or our last Golf. but if I'm honset I much prefer driving the Vento hard on the county lanes, it seems to be very well balanced and I find it handles much better than our Golf.

[/quote']

Ahh thanks for that, I always assumed they were just never too sure.

Ive never been in a golf so wouldnt know about performance which is why I was a bit confused about those figures.

Where abouts in Maidstone are you from? The chances of having another red vento vr in Kent yet alone Maidstone must be pretty slim!

• 2 weeks later...

you wouldnt be jealous of my walltet situation though!

to be fair i love them both, got the VEnto for £250 too and it is in good condition, the engine is absolutely crisp too. it is the perfect stealth car for cheeky races with idiots in BMW's etc. they looked lost when this blue vento just screams ahead, love it

you wouldnt be jealous of my walltet situation though!

to be fair i love them both' date=' got the VEnto for £250 too and it is in good condition, the engine is absolutely crisp too. it is the perfect stealth car for cheeky races with idiots in BMW's etc. they looked lost when this blue vento just screams ahead, love it

[/quote']

haha fair enough! good not a fan of them bmw drivers sticking in 3rd lane! they need to get out of the way some times!