Hello all, have a problem. I'm looking to lower my MK3 but I'm worried about being able to jack my car up in the future. The seem/ridge where you place the factory jack has bent and is off limits on both sides of the car. A couple of days ago I had a puncture and used my space saver which was also flat. When I let the car down I struggles to pull the jack out.

Should I forget about lowering it?

I'll look into them but I really need advice about jacking after I've lowered it. How low is your car and where would you jack from?

Like Calico said or you can get a clarkee jack I think for lower cars (90 quid on amazon) or do what I do and use vw jack at the back to lift the car and then a trolley jack under the front. If you break down as long as your sills are ok you can use the front, but its for an emergency on my VR.

I've tried to jack off the engine mount before but my jack doesn't lift high enough to change a wheel. Could be onto a winner with the wood though. Thanks.

While I'm here, I've been looking at coil over kits and lowering kits. I know coil overs are meant to be better but I don't know why? What should I go for?

All suspension will take the same amount of labour time to install, coilovers just have a fine thread that runs all the way up the strut body. you screw the adjuster nut up and down the body to deligate ride height. can be udjusted on the car at any time.

Camber should be checked with either option really