hi all.. new problem for the new year! great! lol The vr recently broke down on me.. engine cut out and would not start..smoke pouring from engine..near the oil cooler. I hadent noticed but my oil temp gauge was reading around 150! Car now starts but top end sounds really rough and oil temp climbs to around 130-150 within around 10mins of starting up. Also water in dissapearing sumwere..(no leaks) i am wondering if the water is mixing with the oil in the cooler? any help would be most helpfull1

cheers guys

yeah i can't think what his refering to. Hve you checked your oil level? If you've only got a very small amount in. like not even showing on the dip stick then the oil would heat up quicker and get hotter... Apart from that as long as your coolant temps ok i can't think what else would cause it.. Is it just a standard VR?

if waters getting into your oil the oil with start to go white and creamy. as bungy said it could be your headgasket. after a good run does the coolant pipes go ROCK soild?

It could be that your exhaust gas'es are pressurising your coolant system and in the process heating your coolant.

You can do a test to check for exhaust gas's in your coolant buy putting a little tester stick in the exspantion chamber