grr major vr6t help wont run right

blooy hellare they common for going faulty kev ?350 i reckon its more fun fitting stanalone with living tuning , but everyone to there own , thanks for the avise kev.... ps regars camshaft upgraes im tol there a set in a engine but they just look st to me , any iea of what/where the letters marking shoul be (keyboar not working right lol)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I love playing with standalones but as you say, not everyone has the patience for them!

The original cams have VW markings on them, aftermarket ones don't, which is pretty much your only clue to be honest mate. OE cams also just look better quality too, if that makes sense? The shaft casting is smoother and and the machined surfaces look better too. Also if you look at the cam lobes, the tips on original cams are very mild compared to aftermarkets.

thanks kev ,stilwireing this ecu as yet , no no engine runing as yet lol,regars cams these must be st jobys then as they have cam a an cam b an the with apart number 011.... vw marking something like wr- /gt-1 at en,oh well another arse trying to tell me he ha cams fittelol ( keyboars knacker on pc hernce missing letters )

quick pic for you kev im also going to use 6 ls2 coil yuko type just nee to mount them somewere

new stan alone is here, this is the megasquirt ms3 ecu ill be some how useing 6x ls2 coils

hopeing to get complete vag vr6 loom out an fully instail this

10hljc7.jpg

Looks good mate, good luck with that! Let me know how it goes :-)

I'm not sure about the LS2 coils, especially if they're MSD ones. Don't run them at any more than 2.5ms dwell as they don't like it.

I would try a Ford V6 coilpack. Reliable and very strong spark!

Looks good mate' date=' good luck with that! Let me know how it goes :-)

I'm not sure about the LS2 coils, especially if they're MSD ones. Don't run them at any more than 2.5ms dwell as they don't like it.

I would try a Ford V6 coilpack. Reliable and very strong spark!

[/quote']

ive trye st vr6 coilpacks as they blow the spark out on high boost ,also vauxhall , best ive ha is a oge ram us coilpack , great output ,these ls2 coils were from phil@extra efi as he says they a great coilpackan high output ,but ill soon see when boost starts riseing ,,, these work out at 40 an built in igitors ,ill fire some pics an vieo up once, its wire an runing lol,,,

Oh yeah, I forgot you run a lot of boost! :-)

So you're using the single coils like these? - http://www.msdignition.com/product.aspx?id=5113

Let me know how they go! £40 each isn't too bad with built in amps.

What plugs are you using? Bill Schimmel ran 35psi (GT45R) on stock coilpakc, 2ms dwell with no spark issues. NGK R5671A-9 plugs @ 0.022" gap.

mine arnt msd coil kev , just ls2 yuko coils with built in igitors im told they a very coil and high output coil , but time will tell, other nice thing about them is stock vw ht leads plug straight in ,ill keep u on the go kev hopefully next week

• 3 months later...