grr major vr6t help wont run right

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right bare with mew kev ' date=' more techical stuff im runing 560cc at 4bar in stead of stock 3bar ie 560 at 4bar gives 640cc

regards injectors , on the ms screen its showing 1.5 msec?

if thats what u meant kev ,still having this reset issiue ive tryed adding noise settings rechecking earths lives and adjusterd vr pots which hasnt helped

[/quote']

Yeah that's what I meant mate. What injectors are they? Siemens?

Have you put the dead time into the MS, if you know it? On the big Siemens it's around 0.86ms @ 14 V

And are you running batch or sequential injection? I would imagine sequential if the injector ms is that low?

Fun this isn't it?! :-)

more complex techical stuff , lol right i know these are 3.3 ohms low inpedance but added inline resistor to convert them to high inpedance , i found runing 1.400 msec was the best i could as any less i get hunty idiol and any higher went rich with slight missis so i assume there was too mutch fuel , injectors are from a std evo 0evo ones 560cc ones but at 4bar not 3bar

injectors are set to

injector open time ms 1.400

battery volts ms/v 0.200

pwm currernt limit 100

pwm time thershold 25.4

injector pulse width period 40

same applys for bank 2

runing duel fuel maps as ive had major issiues with rear bank with heat soak and det

Ah you're using low impedance. It doesn't usually work that great using resistors because peak and hold works differently to saturated drive (high impedance) injectors. Although they will run with a resistor, they don't quite run as they should.

If I were you mate, I'd flog them and buy some Bosch EV14 550cc http://www.sprayitracing.com/52lb%20Bosch%20EV14%20High%20Impedance.htm

I have some myself and they work great and you can run them at 3 bar and get some reasonable pulsewidths at idle, but it depends on your budget I guess.

They're standard on some American V8s and Mustangs etc, so could get them cheaply on ebay.

You will need some USCAR connectors, or adapter connectors (EV1 to EV14).

My DTA doesn't allow you to adjust the ignition capture. Isn't that a distributor function? Are you using a coilpack? And are you using the internal amps or Megasquirt's?

Ah you're using low impedance. It doesn't usually work that great using resistors because peak and hold works differently to saturated drive (high impedance) injectors. Although they will run with a resistor' date=' they don't quite run as they should.

If I were you mate, I'd flog them and buy some Bosch EV14 550cc http://www.sprayitracing.com/52lb%20Bosch%20EV14%20High%20Impedance.htm

I have some myself and they work great and you can run them at 3 bar and get some reasonable pulsewidths at idle, but it depends on your budget I guess.

They're standard on some American V8s and Mustangs etc, so could get them cheaply on ebay.

You will need some USCAR connectors, or adapter connectors (EV1 to EV14).

My DTA doesn't allow you to adjust the ignition capture. Isn't that a distributor function? Are you using a coilpack? And are you using the internal amps or Megasquirt's?

[/quote']

im with you kev issiuse is mainly the marker/reset loss of sycro causeing the ms unit to intermitanty reset, ive have very decent afr in boost and not too bad idiol best around 13.5 /8 unsure regards igition capture i was told it was for coilpack which i run , direct coil drive /high inverted coil drive with has internal driver bip or something they called, ill keep a look regards injectors , but i can remove the inline resistors and run the low inpedance , but it was something to do with ms codeing , (think it was i could run hi resisolution instead ,that was a while back lol

im getting a not too bad idiol around 14.5 15.1 so not too bad , but because im loseing sycro its basicly resetting the ecu and enableing after start enrichments sending tuning funny for a while , , ive added a 7.5 ohms resistor so rev counter works , instailed lanrch control works fine,sorted afr gauge and working nicely , will rev to 8000rpm now , just this dam issiuse, so think im making some progress

ive had a look in garge and found some white semans 36lb injectors which run 3bar ,, it just a big drop in bhp kev

Revving to 8000 rpm ? :o ' date=' be interesting to see how long that lasts, rpm load cycling will destroy your rods before power does

Why cant you run the injectors as low impendance?

[/quote']

ru seroius im unsure if u looked at the build , ive sp high beam rods and arp hardware???

also stock rods can hold in eccess of 500bhp with arp bolts//??? and its been provern

reason because the standalone evern thow i can run low or high , runing high is better due to resiloution software on the ecu (finer tuning )

• 3 weeks later...

hiya kev good to hear from you well , lol ,,ive decided to stay with megasquirt , only couple of main issiuss im having is idiol (i did increase to 1.4 as any higher and runs rich , with mnium numbers in the fuel table ,

second prob was sycro loss , known as reason 2 , which ive sent the unit off as it needs a u7 socket fitting , other then this it run ,, and idioled ok cold just up and down when up to engine temp 75deg ,

i also noticed ive had mat riseing , so just buzzed a quick box on the intake to see if it helps and fitted a open element intake sensor , for better responce

quick pic here

as i couldnt add a clyinder type due to room issiuses in a mk1

108hje1.jpg

11k8nwk.jpg

Whats the V8 project? If this is anything to go by should be mental!

Id personally set a conservative rev limit around 6600.

Even if your rods and pistons ect are designed to take the extra load unless your head has had some serious work done to it the valvetrain wont be able to cope.

Good stuff mate' date=' sounds like you're getting close then. Good move on the Megasquirt. Motronic is OK and all but I don't like it for boost.

That's a hefty plenum box you've knocked up there! Looks great.

[/quote']

well gave it a try yesterday and tbh , it seems to pull better with a lot lower intake temps ,must have helped with keeping it higher from the radiator too, carnt understand why i can tunie the warm up start then when it reachers its temp to run off the fuel map it starts going learn/rich , un evern idiol kev, and dosent really help if i richern it or learn it , maybe another seting some were , ive not spotted yet

Whats the V8 project? If this is anything to go by should be mental!

Id personally set a conservative rev limit around 6600.

Even if your rods and pistons ect are designed to take the extra load unless your head has had some serious work done to it the valvetrain wont be able to cope.

just a bit of fun a v8 nova with a supercharger poped on it , mind ill have to get my tax free t5 turbo sold too getting in the way

V8 Nova, nice one, I like your style! :-)

You have definitely got the speed addiction!

Are you still using those Evo injectors with resistors mate? It will take a while to get used to the MS and how your engine behaves to the map changes. Took me a while to get to grips with my DTA but because I use the car every day, I soon had a sweet map done :-)

That's the only difference between DIY and Professional really - the time it takes to achieve your goal.

ok for a bit of fun , regards idiol , dam nightmare when i think is steady then suddernly goes loopy again , from cold its fine and instail start from hot its ok , after around 5,6seconds goes loopy again bloody thing , , maping tuning tunieing rest isnt bad ,tbh kev

It's fine when cold because of the bigger pulse width on the injectors.

What AFR does yours hot idle at? 2ms hot idle was too rich wasn't it if I remember, around 13 AF?

I don't think the injectors are helping you tbh, but you could try getting the Motronic remapped on the dyno?

thats makes sense , i didnt know that ,as i can tunie the cold warm up enrichments , from cold no idiol valve at 13./14 afr , as as this switchers off , i carnt get a steady reading (rather jumpy) 13 to 15 afr , ive made sure in igtyion timing/fuel/afr maps thats the 4 boxs that it moves in are all the same , i tryed altering the injector pulse from 1.000 to 1.200 (yet show 1.7 on gauge? i carnt lift it mutch more as its too rich to try tunie out , (if u roughly understand what i mean

• 3 weeks later...

runing ok ,so going to fit the megasquirt ms3x (was cheep

thought id try make a downpipe , what a task in a mk1 golf with 6sped transforbox and propshaft plus steering rack in the way lol couple of quick pics

im wishing id done a mk2 golf now as there lots of room

just need to heat wrap the buggar next when it arrives :)

1zqyqlh.jpg

2a0md06.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Good stuff! Yeah MK2s do have more room! A lot easier to get the engine in and out of too.

Let me know how the MS3 goes' date=' I've heard it's pretty good.

[/quote']

hi kev ms3 has arrived ,i will keep u posted ,,, i was tempted to try a obd2 tunie,as ive the full setup , but prices of the emprom chip arnt cheep ,