My Dragon VR6.. Update Page 3 Pics

Well here i am back in another VR6, i have to say i missed my old one but it had to go it would of cost loads of money to repair all the bits, so after that i bought a Porsche 944 drove it for around 6months but wasn't satisfying me, so i then moved onto a mk2 Gti, again a lovely car but just lacking the roar and power, so i placed it on ebay, and someone contacted me who wanted to swap his VR6 for the mk2, at this point i was all in, anyway here's the in between cars;

Old VR:

PICT3066.jpg

Porsche 944:

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

Mk2 Gti:

IMG_0688.jpg

Picture245.jpg

And now the new VR6, as it came to me after a good clean:

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

Got a few plans for this, there are a few small rust patches, not too noticable but these will be fixed early new year, along with a new windscreen, i will keep you all updated, hope you all like.

Comments welcome good or bad

Cheers,

Ez

new one looks very tidy mate am sure you will soon put your stamp on it :) and the 944 looked very nice - how was it to drive ?

944 was beaut mate however its was a1984 model so no power steering was very heavy, however great for just a cruiser, was nice to drive along the motorway, i would own another for sure but i think i would go for a post '85 model.

Hi All....

Small update, after a nightmare week of my car drinking more water than me, i 1st found a leak coming from the expansion tank so i went straight to work and bought a new one, As you can see from below the old one was in a bit of a state, i then discovered another leak coming from the bottom of the radiator :( so i went and bought a new radiator again the old one was a mess!!

Pics below...

Expansion tank - Old vs New

IMG_0700.jpg

Leaking Radiator

IMG_0702.jpg

Old vs New Rad

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

I also fitted new front fogs and indicators, yet to take a pic, will update when i have :-d

• 1 month later...

not sure mate, i just rang gsf and gave them my reg and then picked it up!!

Thanks for the comments guys, got some plans this year which includes; bodywork (get all rust spots sorted), clean up engine bay, add BMC CDA, new wheels, brake overhaul.....

• 1 month later...

Not done too much recently to the car due to the bad weather, however thanks to said weather i have discovered a nice new water leak....in the car!

Drivers side foot well and behind the drivers seat is soaking, after taking everything out and sucking up all the water, i thought i would monitor it see if it comes back, and oh boy has it! the floor is soaking again after a week.

So im going to check the rear lights, they will be changed to originals soon, see if its coming from there, and also the bulkhead see if water is coming through there...

photos will follow soon...

Right... MOT on the car now :)....However i know have an oil leak, of which i think is coming from the sump, and also have a lot of water coming into the drivers foot well i believe this is coming up from the sill, however i will have to take the wing of to confirm this.... oh the joys lol

• 7 months later...

Hi all not updated this for a long time, had a pretty hectic summer with one thing or another.

Around may time my serring rack went so had to replce that, unfortunatley i only have a pic of the knackered rack:

8aff1ee6.jpg

A couple of months ago i then had to replce wishbones, ball joints and drop links, again the only pics i have are the knackered old ones:

ad5dadcb.jpg

788074aa.jpg

I then went and bought some TT comps from a lad off here and got them on, they do need refurbing which i will be doing over the winter:

81e0c714.jpg

Whilst browsing the bay i stumbled across this 2.8 VR6 engine cover, i beleive they are getting harder to find now, so cleaned it up and sprayed it (much better than the old blue one) :

50216be5.jpg

I now need a new sump as i have kind of scrapped mine:

2fd5ed33.jpg

So, a little futher along but with the winter looming it should give me more time to get things done.

I need to do the following;

New suspension

New thermostat housing

New Sump

Fix all rust spots

Replace front wings

Paint!

Refurb wheels

Should keep me busy!! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...