Chrome door handles

I need some help! :-)

Ive got chrome door handles which I want to fit but cant for the life of me work out how to do it. Ive tried taking the door pull trim off to no avail.

Does anybody have any ideas or a step-by-step guide to changing them?

Its probably dead easy but im useless when it comes to things like this. :-)

Thanks in advance.

I did mine without pulling anything off, just pull the standard once like your going to open the door, but pull it soo much that its at a 90degree angle to the door, then pull it down and up and all over the place till it comes loose, then unhook it from door pull bar thing and hook new one on..

Dont be scared to be forceful

Get a Haynes manual. I was going to fit armour door plates to temporarily disguise my tampered door skin. Spent feckin ages trying to figure out how to remove the handle without removing the door card, bought the manual and ended up taking the door card off and got the handle off only to realise that the door plates i had, required me to file away at my door so they would fit!! lol There was no way i was doing that so back the door trims went.....

Get a Haynes manual. I was going to fit armour door plates to temporarily disguise my tampered door skin. Spent feckin ages trying to figure out how to remove the handle without removing the door card' date=' bought the manual and ended up taking the door card off and got the handle off only to realise that the door plates i had, required me to file away at my door so they would fit!! lol There was no way i was doing that so back the door trims went..... [/quote']

there are 2 types of door plates as i found when i bought some off e-gay...2 different sets 2 sellers, i think the ones that have the shield for the lock are fronts whereas the flat ones are rears...the fronts dont fit rears

*unless you didn't buy armor plates in which case i'm talking crap!

These were C&R i think, with the shield and wouldnt fit into the hole i was well pissed after all the effort- serve me right for being a cheapskate and trying to get around having to pay for my car to go to the bodyshop ! lol I tried removing the handle after removing the retaining screw but it wasnt having any of it! Had visions of me buckling my door - or kicking it :P