Is it a good one?

Hi all, im looking to buy my first Vr6 and have found one. Just looking for some advice on what you all think as I dont know much about cars. Here is some of the detail the owner has sent me:

3. The tax is due on the 21/01/2011.

4. The MOT is due on the 17/05/2011

5. The service has been done about a month ago.

6. The tensioners haven�t been done but I have asked a mechanic to check it over for me and he said you can hear it slightly but there fine.

7. The paint is in a good condition, there are 1 or 2 minor scuffs on the back bumper from car parks but hardly noticeable and there�s the odd stone chip on the front but nothing too bad. Also there is a small line, less than an inch long on the roof but I have kept an eye on it and has not changed it the time I have owned it there�s slight bit of bubbling on 1 of the wheels but overall they are in good condition. The interior is in very good condition with no rips or tears.

8. The service history is full, it�s mainly VW or AUDI and I�ve used a local mechanic I trust and have always used, I also have a folder full of receipts to go with the service history.

9. The car has 5 previous owners which I think is good for a 16 year old car.

10. I did a HPI check on the car before I purchased it and it was all fine and as far as I know it�s never been vandalised or broken in to.

11. The car has been repainted at some point and seems like all over except the roof, back panel and rear bumper, and is to a good standard.

12. The car does have some modifications which are all red rear lights with LED bulbs and resistors, clear side repeaters, pressed metal plates, debadged grill, hight adjustable coilovers, Powerflow stainless steel cat back exhaust and Lupo GTI areo wipers. I still have most of the standard parts which will be sold with the car.

13. The car has no mechanical faults, it does use a spot of oil but I check it every week and is not a problem. Also I have changed the coilpack.

14. There�s about 5-6mm of tread left on all the tyres.

15. The brake discs are grooved and drilled and the pads have only been on the car about 3 months so are virtually like new.

16. The car does not have any electrical faults.

17. The car puffs a tiny bit when it�s cold but clears when it�s warm.

18. The engine has never been rebuilt as far as I�m aware. The gearbox has been reconditioned and I have got a receipt for this and was carried out on the 24/11/2006.

19. The heater matrix has been changed by myself about 4 months ago as this is a common fault and it was replaced with one from GSF.

20. The ABS light comes on and goes off with the ignition as it should, as this is also a common fault.

In addition, the car has been fitted with a total closure alarm which closes the windows and sunroof when it locks. I had this fitted when I bought the car and have the certificate.

All Advice and info welcomed!

Thanks

If the price is right and you really like the car with mods, then yeah, go for it. However if you're not fussed on mods, it would be worth holding out for one that has not been touched. Corrado's are pretty good 'out the box', but it's good to do mods on your own terms.

There are loads of amazing standard ones out there. I would recommend standard, but as i say, it's only an opinion.

Hi all' date=' im looking to buy my first Vr6 and have found one. Just looking for some advice on what you all think as I dont know much about cars. Here is some of the detail the owner has sent me:

3. The tax is due on the 21/01/2011.

4. The MOT is due on the 17/05/2011

5. The service has been done about a month ago.

6. The tensioners haven�t been done but I have asked a mechanic to check it over for me and he said you can hear it slightly but there fine.

7. The paint is in a good condition, there are 1 or 2 minor scuffs on the back bumper from car parks but hardly noticeable and there�s the odd stone chip on the front but nothing too bad. Also there is a small line, less than an inch long on the roof but I have kept an eye on it and has not changed it the time I have owned it there�s slight bit of bubbling on 1 of the wheels but overall they are in good condition. The interior is in very good condition with no rips or tears.

8. The service history is full, it�s mainly VW or AUDI and I�ve used a local mechanic I trust and have always used, I also have a folder full of receipts to go with the service history.

9. The car has 5 previous owners which I think is good for a 16 year old car.

10. I did a HPI check on the car before I purchased it and it was all fine and as far as I know it�s never been vandalised or broken in to.

11. The car has been repainted at some point and seems like all over except the roof, back panel and rear bumper, and is to a good standard.

12. The car does have some modifications which are all red rear lights with LED bulbs and resistors, clear side repeaters, pressed metal plates, debadged grill, hight adjustable coilovers, Powerflow stainless steel cat back exhaust and Lupo GTI areo wipers. I still have most of the standard parts which will be sold with the car.

13. The car has no mechanical faults, it does use a spot of oil but I check it every week and is not a problem. Also I have changed the coilpack.

14. There�s about 5-6mm of tread left on all the tyres.

15. The brake discs are grooved and drilled and the pads have only been on the car about 3 months so are virtually like new.

16. The car does not have any electrical faults.

17. The car puffs a tiny bit when it�s cold but clears when it�s warm.

18. The engine has never been rebuilt as far as I�m aware. The gearbox has been reconditioned and I have got a receipt for this and was carried out on the 24/11/2006.

19. The heater matrix has been changed by myself about 4 months ago as this is a common fault and it was replaced with one from GSF.

20. The ABS light comes on and goes off with the ignition as it should, as this is also a common fault.

In addition, the car has been fitted with a total closure alarm which closes the windows and sunroof when it locks. I had this fitted when I bought the car and have the certificate.

All Advice and info welcomed!

Thanks

[/quote']

I bought this car from Chris In South Wales- It is a very nice example and has air- con too

• 3 months later...