I see that some of your tire sidewalls are normal shaped, and some have this slant likie the tire is too small for the rim(where ist looks like it stretches and pulls towards the lip of the rim). Hows does this work? is it a certain tire? I think this looks really nice but no cars really have that going on here in South Africa. Please let me know :)

these are called stretched tyres, they are nice but u dont want to much stretch if your looking to be rather enthusiastic with your right foot as it can be dangerous, i have just bought some 195/40/r17s for my 17" alloys and they give a nice stretch whereas the usual size is about 205/40 or 205/45. if you know your wheel size this site will give you a good idea of the look you will achieve will diffent sizes.http://www.tyrestretch.com/index.php hope that helps.

I am wanting to put some 16" wheels on my vr6' date=' what would be the best width and tyres to fit under the arches with out rubbing the arches, i would like to have a slight stretch aswell.

[/quote']

I have 16" and 7" wide wheels - 195/45 R16 toyo proxes on them , nice little bit of stretch...car dropped loooowww, no rubbing!!!! (recommended tyre size would be 205/45 R16, so the 195's give 10ml of stretch in theory)

You would need a rediculous amount of stretch for the tyre to just come off under any amount of driving - just keep your tyre pressures right and make sure the tyre itself is in good nick and i don't think you'd ever have any problems. The drift boys in Japan have been running stretch for years - it gives them a stiffer sidewall to aid breaking traction from one side to the next, so i think you'd start to slide before you ever rolled your tyre bead off, especially with the mild stretch you'd be going for. If you had a 195/45 on a 9j rim, you might be a bit closer to that!

Thanx for the help guys :) the uncommon tyre sizes here are quite expensive for such a narrow tyre ( im looking at putting 165 40 15 on my 6.5j standard vr6 rim ). They want R1300 per tye which is about 130pounds. What prices do you guys get on tyes?

elastic band tyres :)

Im a fan of stretch, but only when its needed. No point in stretching a tyre over a wheel that is a thinner wheel or if your tucking.

Keep in mind when ordering tyres that some brands stretch differently. Ive found, yoko, falken, dunlop and toyo stretch really nice.