The dreaded decision

Hi guys. Sorry dont post much, usually just lurk around.

Anyways, the time has come for me to decide what to do with my VR. As I've been largely away travelling the last bit, I've kept my VR off the road (underground garage) for the past 3 months. Its MOT has expired, and its now come up on its 120k service (timing chains), and will need new tires for MOT. If I were to do the work, it would probably be worth while re-doing valve stem seals, as it puffs a little smoke if you coast for a while, and come back on throttle.

So, to get it back and tip top, I guess I'm looking at about £2k. There is a small rust bubble on the left hand quarter panel, and I had some welding done two years ago on the undercarriage to sort out a little rust, but otherwise the car is in pretty good nick. Its also nicely set up, with a Bilstein B12 kit, and did a run to the 'Ring flawlessly not to long ago.

Do you guys think its worth it spending the money on it, or should I scrap it? I have an issue scrapping such a lovely car, but I'm also trying to be more "financially responsible", as I blow silly money on cars usually.

Also, does anyone know a good place between London and Kent/Maidstone that can be trusted to carry out the work should I take that route?

Here she is.

DSC03815.jpg

your chains may not need doing, they only need doing if they are rattling.. and lucky for you, you are close to one of our vr6oc moderators, who just so happens to be a mechanic that has done loads of chains (including mine) for a very reasonable price and can prob help you out with the rest too...

it looks like a gorgeous car, if it were me id stick with it, but just do what it needs, dont throw £100s at chains if they dont need doing... :)

anyway, send tony a pm and he'll be able to help you... http://www.vr6oc.com/user.php?id.5258