Hey guys,

I've recently been getting a rattle from my engine on cold start up which doesn't sound great at all. I wouldn't say it is the chains, it sounds more like the engine is starved of oil the first couple of seconds on start up and dissapears within a second or two of firing up. It's pretty loud and it makes me cringe everytime i hear it so would like to get it sorted asap.

Could it be the oil pump or maybe some sort of sensor needing cleaned or replaced or could it be something much worse?

Thanks

I have a brand new genuine oil pump at home that is for sale. Need to find receipt to work out a price tho

Once you work out a price let me know please. i'll need to get a bit more advice first though from my mate (he's a mechanic) to see if he thinks it's the pump before i was to but though. I don't want to buy it then find out it's not the pump.

It's done 116k.

The oil pump was one of my first thoughts because it's like the engine is starved of oil for the first few seconds.

Any ideahow much a new oil pump is?

I got the same mileage as you and sounds rough for the first minute or so. Never thought anything of it, just thought it was down to age.